1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I own the biggest pile of crap plow> Meyer

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yet again at the brink of another storm, my meyer fails me yet again. I got to hook it up just like any other normal time, and guess what? One of the quick disconnect couplers just snaps of right in my hand!!!:realmad: These are brand-new from Meyer. It broke off clean at the valve body base. Then I figured okay, I have a spare pump at home, I will just pick the plow up and go home, get my other pump and go on with my happy little plowing self. Takes me 5 mintues to swap pumps. So I hook it up, and go to pick up the plow. Moves about 6 inches and then smoke comes from under my hood!!!!! And that stupid little red light on the controller comes on. By now I want to scream!!!!!!!!!! I open the hood and all and I mean ALL of the wiring for the plow is fried!!!! Why, I do not have an answer for. No fuses blew in my truck or anything. So now I leave you all with this, to have a good laugh as I am becase I am so pissed, all I can do is laugh.:angry: So I am off to shovel, a few decent commercial lots and some driveways. I cant call anyone to help me, due to I spent quite a good bit of my money on my landscaping equipment, so I cant afford to pay anyone. All well, suck it up and go on!!!! The Meyer factory is 15 miles away from me, I think I will go there later today and tell them that their plows suck

2. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

man that sucks! I hope everything works out for you and you get your plow working again. If i lived closer I would be more then happy to help out. Considering the ground is bare and no snow is on the ground after the weather guessers said we were going to get a inch or two. hope you get your plow working again.

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

So you broke one of the rigid elbows that connect the Quick connect to the angle bock? So why had you replaced the elbow? Can we see some pictures?
    So exactly what fried under the hood? Control wiring, head light wiring, or motor cables? Pictures ??

Did you purchase this truck with the plow already on it? How long have you had this set up?

4. Easy

Easy Senior Member

Call me next time, we can work something out. I was done this morning by 7:00 a.m.
    Always willing to help someone in need.
    Don

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

No, mine has the swivel elbows. I had replaced them due to the quick disconnects being original (2000) and were not wanting to work right to connect the hoses at all. I did fix it, a little easy out and some good swearing, got it replaced for free. The ground cable broke?? somehow and was not allowing the pump to work, so when I kept wiggling it and hitting the buttons on my controller, it fried a positive wire on the battery that goes to the motor solenoid. Yes, I did get this truck in December 06, and it had the plow on it. So maybe 3 months of use from me on it. So I fixed the wiring real quick and plowed all of my stuff without angling the blade, it sucked but I got er done!!! So now with almost 8 hours of plowing today, it worked fine. Just took alittle longer. I just had to vent that earlier

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Replace those swivel elbows with rigid ones, as they are know to break.

Get to know (and become friends) with other landscapers in the area. I have several that are friends, and are willing to help each other out when the need arises. Even with having multiple crews on the road(winter and summer). It's reassuring to know there is help out there.

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Tom, Didn't you hear what Dave at Even's said when we were up there?? About swivles being a weak point.. I feel bad for you, if you wasn't at my place till 1am you would of had more time to work on stuff.

If you want, you can bring the truck down and we can go over your whole, plow setup in the shop. With out the dog being in there with us.. By the way. Why wouldn't you run??? :)

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

You mean Jim right??:D I know those things suck. I replaced it though so it is all back in business, for now anyway. Dont feel bad, I didnt know that this was going to happen. Otherwise I would have taken my truck to your dad's shop and worked on it. Shiat happens I guess.:rolleyes:

I will bring it down again sometime here soon and we can go through the plow wiring mess. That dog didnt bother me too much. I didnt want to run first because I dont wanna get bit and I dont think your dad would have appreciated the stupidity. Second, the next time I come down, the dog would remember me and it just wouldnt be good.

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Yea, but it would be funny !!!!!!! :)