1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i ordered the trucklite led headlight plow kit any one else have?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chuckraduenz, Dec 27, 2011.

1. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

i hit a deer 2 days ago and it took out my headlights on the plow. so i ordered the trucklite led headlight plow kit. be here next week. from what iv seen on the net they look to be vary bright. but wanted to know if others out there have them and your thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  2. A link. And how much.

3. chuckraduenz

trucklite dealer local. when i whent to them i asked if they sold them. they said we can get them but they never sold one. so when i asked price i almost fell thought the floor but i kept the happyness inside as there price was $185 for the kit. i asked is that left right headlight, left right turn signals mounts and wire harness. he said yep. so i dont know if im supose to do a review and get back to them or what... but i may get 4 more sets and resell them... ebay wants $580 but i did find them for $540. another local dealer wanted $900.... its either that when they come in ill get the real price.....

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...10001&storeId=10001&productId=83001&langId=-1

4. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  5. chuckraduenz

i seen another test simalar to that where they were dropping them from a latter and baseball tests. if it handels that it should be fine hitting a deer as my other ones were in a few thousand parts... thye look bright but i want to see them myself.... i guess no one has them on here.... yet

6. can you order a set for me if i can not get them that cheap

7. chuckraduenz

yup got a call today. guess they found the error. i guess it was supoisidly in the book as $185

ya they tole me the real price $925

i call every dealer in 100miles all are in the $709 area...

what kinda deal you make me for these? part number 80863

8. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

You only get one set?

9. chuckraduenz

yup 1 set. per $709 left right headlight. left right turn signal, and wire harness.

10. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

You paid 185 right. Ill give ya 300

11. chuckraduenz

no. there book had an error in it as far a price. they called me to say that. so now there price $925 the cheapest iv found so far is $540 im thinking about get it ordered on thursday. unless others want to go in on it see if i can get it cheaper on a bulk deal.

12. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Ahhh. Yea they are 580 something on ebay. Nice lights but damn expensive. I will do a non sealed beam with hid for a fraction of that.

13. chuckraduenz

i like led lights $900 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much....... $500 is not so bad. as regular plow lights are like $200 ish new....

14. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

I am sure these lights work well and all but DAM are they FUGLY! I would rather do hid as well.

15. chuckraduenz

i think there cool looking. look like something off of a ufo..... but i ordered a set. hopefully they come next week........ i wanta see how well they are and see how bright. as it seems no one on here has them... guess ill be the first.

16. PreferredPower

PreferredPower Junior Member

These lights are quite bright, if you are comparing them to a factory plow light they are much brighter. These lights were designed to be closer to sunlight. If any of you watch "bomb patrol Afghanistan" on G4 TV, these are the lights you will see on the "Buffalo" and "Jerrv" in a 12V configuration. If you have any questions or need any assistance let us know.

Thanks!
    Mark

17. chuckraduenz

say you never did say a price on what you wanted for them?

18. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

DEFIANTLY post pics when you get that sucker.

19. chuckraduenz

will do!!! i cant wait myself....

20. chuckraduenz

alright. got them today. 1 day early!!! SWEET!!!! i did a put them on to "see what they look like" but havent actuly put them on as i need to do some harness plug changeing. they came with a harness. but i either need to find the other end of the plug, or cut the one off there harness and solder them on to the hinker plow light plugs. gona try to do this thursday. supose to be in the 40s....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    high and low beam
    [​IMG]

they defintly light up better than the oem plow lights.... more white and not yellow. and when in high beam the high and low beams are on. i like that.....