1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I only have 2 relays on my harnees, Shouldn't I have 4??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hitower, Nov 26, 2012.

1. hitower

hitower Junior Member
    from midwest

Getting my plow truck ready for snow now, I bought it used in spring.

2001 Chevy silverado 4x4 dump, Boss RT3 9'2" v plow #54055 I called Boss and they verified it was a 2001 plow.

My question is per the parts and installation manual that came with the plow the schematic shows a 4 relay pack on the truck side. My truck only has two spots for 2 relays.
    I'm wondering if the previous owner switched out the truckside harness before I bought it??
    Does this 2 relay harness seem right?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a old 11 pin harness to me. But it has been years since I have seen one of those so don't quote me.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You have an 11-pin harness on a 99-02 GM, which has the positive common headlamps, so yes you'll have two relays. The relays are used only on the 11-pin and they're there to reverse the common from negative to positive to work with the 99-02.

Normally the 11-pins had no relays at all.
  4. hitower

hitower Junior Member
    from midwest

Thanks for the help guys. I'm still trying to work out all the wiring bugs that came with this plow!!