1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need to rant

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by blk90s13, Dec 21, 2009.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

If I ever buy another plow it will not be meyer hell no they suck

1 : saber lights is the worst plow lights ever known to man they never stay straight I have to get out the truck almost every hour or so to align them again headlight sockets burn every stom and I keep changing bu,bs once the edge trips WTF

2 : I thought the E-47 is week and slow I have a E-60 now and its doing the same thing my E-47 did wont angle left right away freezes up in the middle of the strom then goes back to work

3 : The classic mount is the most work out I for a one man operation to mount and dismount every storm if I use the truck for something else and don't need to keep my plow on at all times ?

It was rebuild this last summer by the local Meyer dealer

I used my buddies 2500 chevy and his 7.6 western and I miss having my old western I like it way more then the Meyer

you would think a company been in business for so long would know what they are doing nope poor headlight design very poor I would have designed something better not to mention the annoying easy classic mount I would like to know which part is easy ? if you keep the plow on the truck all year round it will be easy on your back ? :realmad:

Meyer you lost a customer for life :salute:

end of rant :waving:

2. Powastroka

Powastroka Member

Im with you man.. My E60 broke the top cap, then after I replaced that the base cracked... SHATTERED all because a little pressure set screw must have backed its way out, says the meyer dealer. So after I get it fixed is this just going to happen AGAIN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:cry::realmad::cry::realmad..............:gunsfiring:

3. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Understand your feelings.....I havean E-47...had a few problems, but it is only for my personal use, so no biggie.....Most all Meyer complains on here seem to be the same stuff.....freezing, valves, etc, etc.....

I used to have an old cable operated Western....loved that thing.

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I'm with you Poncho. My E60 has been pretty good, although I think I'm ready for a rebuild.
    After all, it is 17 years old and I don't know how much work was done to it before I bought it 3 years ago.