1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need to mount a MDII to my truck......

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TubedYota, Nov 19, 2008.

1. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

And was wondering if anyone had a "used straight" Clevis Frame part #11770? I don't need the mounts to the truck just that part.

2. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

Maybe I'll just make that too

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Keep checking E-bay thats where most of mine come from, Typically they will run $200-$350 used + shipping.

You can use a MD plus as well but you will have to pull your rear blue pins out and weld in solid pins, then cut the bottom spacer tab out so the fork part of the clevis will fit in.

Good luck
    Jay

4. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

That's exactly what I'm gonna do. I ordered the MD plus earlier today from my local place. Any place I can see some pics of someones conversion? Like where to cut?........I guess when I see it I can make it work, but pics would be nice for other ideas on how to do it.

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I'm suppose to be doing one for a client on Sunday, if he shows I'll take some pictures

Jay

6. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

Cool Thanks bud :drinkup:

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I did the conversion , but wasn't able to take any pictures, camera wouldn't work, batteries went dead.

But it was very simple,

1) Get a 1" Diameter ( double check the rear pin diameter) cold rolled bar stock long enough to go from one blue handle across to the other blue handle.

2) Remove rear blue pins and springs.

3) Slide bar stock from one side to the other side

4) Weld the bar stock to each area of the lift frame where it intersects each hole, weld on both sides completely around the hole

5) Turn lift frame over and cut/ remove the spread re-inforcement tab out on each side, do not discard!

6) Take the spreader re-inforcement and cut two pieces of the spreader reinforcements 1-1-1/4" long.

7) Weld the pieces in the Hinge area to the round bar stock and to each side of the hinge opening, weld it in front of the round stock.

Heres some pictures of an actual plus lift frame which may help you in visualizing what I'm describing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]