1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need some Recommendations and/or opinions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by pongow26, Dec 19, 2008.

1. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

I have a 98 Chev Z71 1500 and I just bought a Boss 7' 6" straight blade plow. I inherited the truck from my dad and it had some wear and tear on ot when I got it. I just replaced all u-joints and the transfer case since the transfer case and front ujoints went out on me a few days ago after the first major snowfall. lol. I was looking for some good ideas as far as added extras I could put on the truck to make it a little more sturdy for the plowing season. Mainly engine wise. I am not so smart with engines when it goes past general maintence.:eek:
  2. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Just give it a good tune up plugs, wires, cap, rotor new fuel filter, pcv, air filter, oil change with filter check your belts hoses and antifreeze, tranny fluid, power steering fluid, make sure the clutch on your fan works good if not electric maybe even lube the throttle cable check for vacumn leaks and you should be pretty well set.
  3. Kunker

Kunker Member

If it's an auto, I'd also suggest looking at an upgraded transmission cooler too, but the best advice is to take your time and be smart when you plow rather than pedal down assaults on piles.