1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need some major help here.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Quadfather, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Quadfather

Quadfather Junior Member

Ok, I got a 2001 350 XLT that has a problem. We started to dink around with it and now for some reason the parking lights wont work on the truck now. Yet the turn sigs and brakes work. All the fuses are good, unless there are other fuses somewhere I dont know about. Any info would be greatly accepted. Thanks.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

What do you mean by dink around with it? I would say go back and undo whatever it was you messed with. I had a truck do that exact thing before, but it was just a fuse, so maybe yours is a wire or something.

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

all else fails run a new hot for the parking lights to a switch but that is the cheap way

4. Quadfather

Quadfather Junior Member

We didnt change anything. We were using a test light to see if it was actually getting power. Since the fuse is good you think possibly there is a break in the wire or possibly even the plug for the fuse is jacked up?

5. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Could be. Check your wires to make sure there is no break. Then check the socket for the bulb, and see if it is hot.

6. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

uhhmmm there is a fuse on the power distribution box under the hood that controls only parking lights, same deal headlights worked, drove around all night with no parking lights, only brakes and ts......someone told me at a light pulled over and popped in a new 20amp minicrapper fuse, all is well now

7. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

8. southsideone

southsideone Member

possibly a bad relay....

9. Quadfather

Quadfather Junior Member

Which relay int he fuse box would it be? How can you tell?