1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need some help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by vader43, Dec 7, 2009.

1. vader43

vader43 Junior Member

i just put a western 7'5" on my 97 sierra it is the cable style control and when i try to lift the blade it goes up very very slow. i changed the motor i thought that it might not be working properly because it was pretty noisey but that didn't fix the problem then i changed the pump and the problem got worse now it won't lift at all and it will only angle to the left.. the truck has a high out put alternator and three optima red top batteries and when you try to lift the blade the volt meter goes from 14.5 V all the way down to 9.5 /10 V could it be an electrical problem..this is my first time dealing with a snow plow so i have no idea .

Thanks in advance Luke

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Keep us updated, I have a sub contractor with basicly the same issue.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

pull the covers off were the cables go into the power unit. pull the cable end off and have someone run the control. turn the valve with a pair of pliers. upper cable is up down. lower is angle.

this will tell you if the unit works. as for voltage loss, bad connection is likely. clean and tighten all connections.

4. vader43

vader43 Junior Member

thanks for the reply i tryed adjusting the cable for the lift and lower and got it working and the angle works good going to the right but is slow going left .. any ideas about the angleing problem.

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

What exact adjustment did you make to get the raise & lower to work for you??

6. vader43

vader43 Junior Member

i took the covers off the control module and unhooked the cables and moved the up down control with a set of needle nose pilers then and it worked perfict so i adjusted the adjuster nut on the up/down cable then hooked it back up and it worked fine the cable just wasn't moving the control far enough to lift the blade.. so i hooked everything back up and started to play with the angle control and because it dosen't have an adjuster nut i just pushed it farther into the hole and checked it again and it started to work .. thanks again for the help No lead

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ahhh, thanks for your help. As simple and stupid as it sounds, I never bothered to check for an adjustment there. Thanks!