1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need some help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Yooper75, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

I'm probably going to be a sub next year for a local company and I'm starting to shop for equipment for my truck now. Here is the dilemma I'm having and I need to clarify this with the guy I'm going to be plowing for before I buy anything. He has mentioned in previous conversations that he really likes to use the 9'-2" V for the size but I really don't want to spend the money on one. I've plowed for years with 7'-6" Pro Plows so I know how to get the job done with a straight blade but the only thing I hated was the small size and no good way to carry snow but I never put wings on them either. Tell me if I'm completely off my rocker but I think I can be just as fast or faster with an 8'-0" or 8'-6" straight blade with wings and using it in combination with the Ebling as they are with just running a 9'-2" V.

What say you, almighty snow removal Jedi Masters??

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What truck? The one in sig?

3. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Yes, I will be using my personal truck for this.

4. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Anything with the ebling is going to be the best. Bargain shopping would say Meyer, want the best go for the V plow or new Wide Out.

5. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Should be good with the ebling