1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need some help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kingf350, Dec 16, 2010.

1. kingf350

kingf350 Junior Member

I am new and last year i ran with a myers plow on a normal truck but this year i am getting one from my boss and he said i need commerical tags to run strobes and flashing lights. Is that the Ohio law?

How much should I charge for residential and commerical places to do their snow removel?

Anyone know where i can get a really cheap 8.2 boss v plow with smart hitch 2 and all?

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

if you use your truck to make money then yes you need commercial tags. as for the strobes i dont know if it is state law but its a good idea for safety sake.

3. kingf350

kingf350 Junior Member

ok thanks how bout the other two questions i have...

How much should I charge for residential and commerical places to do their snow removel?

Anyone know where i can get a really cheap 8.2 boss v plow with smart hitch 2 and all?

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

it depends on how big the places are and how long it takes you to do them...make sure you cover your overhead costs as well and figure in salt/ sand

5. kingf350

kingf350 Junior Member

Where can i get a cheap 8.2 boss v plow or a normal boss plow? Which is better sand or salt?

6. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

look under the for sale forum on here, ebay, craigslist. just remember you get what you pay for.

salt melts ice and snow sand just gives you traction. if you sand then they are probably going to want you to clean the mess up in the spring.

only you know what you need to charge to cover all expenses plus make a profit. just because you are small doesnt mean you have less overhead and can charge less, ussually it means you have to charge more.