1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need some help ID meyers plow and how to make a reasonable offer

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dodge15004x45.9, Aug 16, 2010.

1. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

I only have 2 pics of the plow and the info listed it little to none heres what I have from him.

"7'.5" Meyers angle snow plow model e-60 3yrs old in good condition , must see, very litle wear on it , complete kit. (mounted on a 95 dodge ram 1500.) "

I have a 2001 1500 what will I need to make this work on my truck?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One thing that didn't make sense to me is if its only 3yrs old why dose it have the older style of lights on it?

If I buy this plow how would I go about upgrading to the newer style of lights?

There asking 1600 for everything.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  2. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

it looks like an ez classic, you have to check if the mounting carton (sp) is the same for your 01 as it is for the 95 in the pic, you could probally call a supply house or go on-line to central parts warehouse to find this out. As far as a price i really could not tell you that. is it worth the price to you is the question... look on the internet or on this site ...good luck

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The only way it's only three years old is if it was assembled from a dealers old stock. That's a first gen E60 that hasn't been manufactured in 5 years. I'd be asking for a purchase receipt if the selling price is based on it's age.

The mount will fit your truck too so there's little more to buy. Perhaps a set of headlight adapters but that should be it as long as the sellers truthful as to it's real age and condition. If you're not educated on what you're looking at take someone along whom is as it can save you from buying a money pit two fold.

4. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

B&B thats why I figured I would post up here are see what you guys think it is rather than just let him bs me and buy a money pit. I was talking to my plow friend tonight and I said just that I don't wanna fork out 1600 and they have to buy all new hoses ram and rebuild the pump. I would gladly take someone along with me but we are all new to plowing...

5. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

He says he dose not have the bill of sale from the plow.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I would still highly recommend taking someone knowledgeable with you but if that's not possible ask the seller for plenty of good (and closeup) pics of the rear side of the plow, pump, wiring etc and maybe we can give it a decent look over remotely. Won't be as good as being there in person but still may give you a better prognosis than you looking at it yourself. Used plows can quickly become parts pigs (ie a money pit) when you don't know what you're buying..

7. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

I agree, if it's not a coil, it's a bad valve, if it's not the electric motor, it's the seals it's ALWAYS SOMETHING. I have been burnt a few times. I will not buy a used plow unless i see it work for a few minutes and i inspect the framework/a-frame for bends or tweaks.

8. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

And i would definately check those back support ribs on that poly blade, it is common for them to break free or have cracks.

9. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

Well I sent him an email days ago asking for more pics and I said what b&b said about the pump and nothing so as far as I'm conserened its dead in the water. Good thing I asked he might have been trying to pull a fast one.

Thanks guys,
    Dodge15004x45.9

Time for the snowdogger! Which aint a hole lot more anyway.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  10. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

Anything used is going to have problems expect to replace eveything and that plow looks more like 6 years old maybe he had it for 3 years....

11. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

I have a 95 dodge ram 1500 4x4 had a used plow last year and had nothing but problems ......now i have a meyer lotpro 7.6 i had to change the coil springs to a 2500 v10 on step.3 my multi plow wings come in

12. dodge15004x45.9

from malvern

Yea a few days ago I laid down some money on a snowdogg. It gets installed on the 7th!!

13. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

have you guys seen the new plows for the 1500's
    meyer ,western, made them smaller like the snodogg ones....