1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need some help guys..

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by MileHigh, Sep 29, 2008.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

So I am normally a sub-contractor when I plow. But this season I have the oppurtunity to bid on some commercial properties through a property manager I met.

She wants a per-push bid, with sidewalks and Ice melt apps. I will also have the oppurtunity to do the lawn service for these accounts if my bids are accepted.

I just need to know some things. Do you guys normally have a seperate sheet where the actual price quote goes?, or does it go right on the contract? I also would NEED to see some snow plow contracts for commercial. She wants it sent to her email address.

If I can get these accounts, It would take my business to the next level both all season long.

Thanks guys for any help.

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Best advise for sample contracts join SIMA, they have them avalable as word documents. I know I have 10 + years into mine, attorney fees, ect. It's $ 170/ yr, cheaper than an attorney will be & taliored to our industry. My contracts even then they get tweaked each year. Unfortunatly a GOOD one you will have to pay for, if needed you'll be glad you did. Hopefully nothing goes wrong, you service they pay on time. Most of the manager I deal with have there own, I would just get there specs & quote on that, deal with the contract issue once pricing is hammered out.

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Not to Bust your balls here, but do you have the resources to take it to the next level ?
    Equipment, insurance, ect. are not cheap.
    Management company's will require Certificates of insurance and 2 million min. coverage. Not a dime will go out, till there is a certificate on file with them.

Like I said not trying to scare ya off, just hate to see you waste your time.
    It takes money to make money.

To answer your question on contracts price is right up front on mine. I also list salt, and loader/truck pricing as well.
    Everything up front, no hidden fee's.
    Terms and conditions page re-iterates everything as well.
    Good luck

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

thanks, guys

I have a business name, am insured with a 2 mil GL policy that covers plowing, and I believe I have the equipment to get the job done. Lots aren't that big, and I have a sidewalk crew...just looking for some help with the other side of things.