1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need some help asap!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Peterbilt, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I know this is going to sound like a noob question here but Its important I get this solved.

Plow was working fine then boom. Super slow up and down. Then slow to no lift. Then slow to no left or right.

Plow has fluid, and no leaks are to be seen.

It did something like this last year, but temps were way below zero and it came out of it after being warmed overnight. temps are around 10 to 12 outside. I have plowed many times at these temps and never had a problem.

The pump also seems to be working, but working hard. So maybe its just gelled up or something.

Any Ideas???

Thanks guys

J.

2. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

When was the last time the oil was changed

any water will freeze at that tem. and it can cause a restriction and slow it down and stop it

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

It was a fresh fluid change 2 weeks ago. But I changed it again, and smacked it with a hammer and it works as it should now.

Thanks for the help

J.

5. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Member

Did you check the fillter in the tank ?

Hope works well .

As i've been told when all else fails kicking it might help:help::eek:

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Checking the filter is important in this case as it does sound like something clogging/ blocking the pick up filter

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Your motor may be going bad too. My plow did the same thing but it was a bad motor.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fluid flow is the culprit I think, but the hammer thing makes me wonder about a clogged return. maybe something floating in the system