1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need some advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dieselpusher, Mar 4, 2009.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

hey guys. im 18 i do alot of plowing i have a 95 f250 powerstroke with a 8ft unimount.

looking for something newer.

saw an 01 gmc 2500 extended cab diesel 77k miles 8.5 western unimount, strobes, backrack, fully loaded.

what do you think
    to old?
    i really like it
  2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

edmunds says a loaded (heated leather interior, bose, plow and tow packages, fog lights auto and turbodeisel) iw worth about $13k if you were to buy it from a suer car dealer, 11k private sale. So depending on wether or not the non-factory stuff (plow, strobes, backrack, etc) are worth between 4 and 6 grand to you this could be an ok deal.

Personally I don't think its a particularly good price, but at $15k I'd be talking deal.

Check for rust at the rear corners of the cab...I've seen alot of 99-03 GMC/Chevy X-cabs (mine included) that rust through from the inside on the bottom rear edges of the rocker panels...more or less a straight line down from the rear of the back side windows. Pusha nd poke it wiht your fingers and if the area is soft the damage has begun and its just not visible yet.
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

id be real earie on an 01 diesel... isn't that the first year of the duramax with maximum injector issues.... Id pass..... that will turn a 15K truck into a 18-19K truck real fast.............