1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need INFO

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ole Tower, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

To All You FORD GUYS!--heres the Serial Number as its all I Have--I*M told its a 1999--3XENF8016XMA22692--its On BID--what can You tell Me about IT?--I Await Your Replies! Thanks --OleTower-
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

That VIN is not a valid number. However, if you start with 3F(NOT X), it belongs on a '99 Ford F800 Conventional Cab that has been reported to CARFAX 14 times.

The following is from the CARFAX site:

Help Center

VIN 3FENF8016XMA22692
    Year/Make/Model: 1999 FORD F800
    Engine Type:
    Manufactured In: MEXICO
    Search Results: 14 records found in our database What is a Record?
    IMPORTANT! The 14 records on this 1999 FORD F800 may confirm a clean title history or uncover potential problems. Find out by ordering the complete CARFAX Vehicle History Report .

Copyright © 1996 - 2007, CARFAX, Inc. Privacy Statement / Terms and Conditions / Trademark Information

What is a Record?
    A record is an event (in the vehicle's past) reported to CARFAX by one of our thousands of sources. CARFAX Reports contain a collection of records that may answer crucial questions about the history of the used car you plan to buy, such as:

Was the car in a reported accident?
    Has the mileage been tampered with?
    How many owners drove this car?
    Has this car been inspected recently?
    Was this car labeled a lemon?
    ...plus much more!

Information that you need to know before you buy!
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  3. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

THANKS MICK I Guess? I*M getting Older than I thought? as I never gave CARFAX a Thought?? 14 Reports? thats pretty High? isn*t It? It shows very Low Milage --68,000 as most 99 trucks are a lot higher I Retired AM trying to Help my Son Get a Good used Truck for His new up comming business-- Thanks Again--JIM--
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You can also get an Oasis report from a Ford garage. That will tell you warranty work that has been done to the truck. Subscribe to Carfax and you can see what the reports are.