1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need help with Quickbooks

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by DaySpring Services, Oct 11, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I just got quickbooks pro 2007. Im trying to enter my seasonal contracts for $300. Customers pay $150 deposit Nov. 1st then the remaining 150 Jan. 15th. Im trying to send out bills to show a balance of $300 and have the invoice show $150 due for the deposit. Im totally lost. If anyone understand me lol Id appreciate the help. Im going crazy.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I use Quick Books also but i have someone once a month to come over and enter everthing.
    But you could try here.

3. DaySpring Services

Thanks for the link, i'll have to look into it. Better worded im trying to set it up like a credit card statement. I want a total balance ($300) and amount due (150). Im not sure if it's even possible.
  4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I'm still running QBPro 05 but the same principles should still apply. In the invoice screen in the upper right hand corner there should be a customize button which will bring up a list and pick the template you want to change and click edit. Then click on the footer tab and there will be a Payments/Credits and Balance Due checkboxes click those to have them print.

From there it will just be playing around with it to get what you want it to do.
  5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Like Festerw said customize your invoice, I spent at least two hours on my invoice template and I have it so that it shows a balance amount due, due date and the lower portion is a coupon that you cut along a perforated line, the customer sends the coupon back with the payment. When I get a chance I'll post one so you guys can see it.
  6. DaySpring Services

Im slowly starting to figure out features.Right now im using a premade layout. Im still working on getting a balance of 300 and amount due of 150 though.
  7. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Send them the invoice ..enter the -2- seperate amounts and note on the invoice when each installment is due. When you receieve payment #1 do > receieve payment and apply the amount. When the 2nd installment is due..send the Invoice again along with a statement showing the amount due.
  8. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We use QB Contractor 2006.

I would setup two invoices at the same time. One for each payment of $150.00.

177 $150.00 w/ due date of 11/1
    178 $150.00 w/ due date of 1/15

Send the first invoice now and create a statement with "All open transactions as of statement date".

This will give them one invoice to pay now, and the statement will snow the total current balance.