1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need help with Powermaster alternator

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowzer, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Plowzer

Plowzer Junior Member

I bought this new Powermaster with a wiring harness for an F350 Powerstroke. The new wiring harness seemed to be just an extension of the stock harness that plugs into the OEM alternator. The OEM plug has 2 wires. The new plug has 3 wires. It's obvious where 2 wires go. The third wire I have no clue. It is a yellow/white wire with a circle-spade end to attatch under a bolt. Does it go to? 1) nothing 2) ground 3) + output post on alternator. I am going crazy trying to get someone at Powermaster on the phone, since friday.:realmad: :confused: Anyone have the same set-up and know if the wire should be connected. You'd think there would be info with a $500'ish item like this. Any ideas out there?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I would think a ground,but dont bet the farm on that. There were no instructions at all? how about on their site? Sorry to hear of your troubles.

3. Plowzer

Plowzer Junior Member

There is no specific info to hookup these wires. I prolly got the wrong wiring harness from Summit. I got a g6 to g3 adapter. Whatever that means. You'd think i need the Ford IAR adapter but Summit Racing is clueless to the questions. Powermaster is on their weekly Alternator Holiday vacation. :nono: :nono:
    I think i might run it down to a local howdy-doody parts guy and let him test it.:rolleyes: