1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I Need help with my Boss plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JEC Lawn, Nov 27, 2008.

1. JEC Lawn

JEC Lawn Junior Member

I have an older boss plow. Towards the end of last season it became almost impossible to hook up to the truck. Is there a way to adjust it to make it easier to hook up?ussmileyflag
  2. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

it's old and the mounting and leveling brackets are probably rusty and bent. my boss rt2 9-2" v-plow is the same way. i leave mine on the truck all year long. i just deal with it. usually takes 2 people to hook it up. good luck, pete
  3. JEC Lawn

JEC Lawn Junior Member

I dont think mine is bent. When i try to push my light bar back to lock in, It wont push back far enough.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Is it in the "float" mode?
  5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

sound's like the plow and truck are not at the same height ,plow settled into to ground ?
  6. JEC Lawn

JEC Lawn Junior Member

It is float mode. In the past years I could install it by myself, about halfway through last winter it started to get more difficult. Now it takes 2 men and a floor jack.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How's the cutting edge? As it wears the plow gets lower to the ground and it won't line up so then you do have to use the floor jack the bring the plow up evenly