1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need help with my 84 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wiccanchild, Dec 16, 2004.

1. wiccanchild

wiccanchild Junior Member

:gunsfiring: my 1984 silverado got hot i stoped the p.o.s. and l let it cooldown added water and it has not started yet.i have put a new distribater in and re set the timming [i hope] can anyone give me a hint of hope

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

This is support and annoucements for the site. You should post your question in the chevy discussion. :waving:

3. wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter Member

Check for spark on a spark plug and make sure it's getting gas.If you have both it will run.
    If you have a catalytic coverter on the exhaust it's pluged not letting the motor breath.
    If these don't work add alittle more info as to help pinpoint the problem.
    Good luck.

4. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

I'm guessing the truck cranks, I would check for fuel and spark. How many miles on the motor, which motor is it? depending on miles it could be many things. need more info on truck :cool:

5. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

Distributor may be way too advanced......Happened to me once. Make sure it's bolted down tight