1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need help with equipment selection

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vikingcompany, Jul 26, 2007.

1. vikingcompany

vikingcompany Junior Member
    from canada

I am getting back into year round property maintenance and I have a Toolcat for plowing a couple of large commercial properties. Right now it just has a bucket on it. Can anyone suggest a manufacturer of a plowing blade for it. I am thinking of something along the line of the kind of blade/buckets that you see on machines that do shopping mall parking lots. Also do you know of a good salt spreader to go in the back of the toolcat? The toolcat has a trailer hitch and I was thinking of the low profile Fisher Salt spreader that hooks into the trailer hitch.
    as seen here on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...009QQitemZ190023729961QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

The places that I am doing probably have a total area of approx 1.5 acre of parking and walkway area so I'm not into heavy volumes yet.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Personally on a toolcat if you want a snow plow. You need to go blizzard 810SS. They where ment to go be together. Because the toolcat is best snow removal rig period. You can windrow with the blizzard then put it in scoop and used it like a push box. This is the only unit I feel that really can used the ablities of the 810SS. If it was just a skidsteer I would tell ya just to get a 8' protech. Because the speed of a skid steer is not fast enough to really windrow snow with just a blade. But the toolcat with its 22mph can do it quite well.

3. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

I have the 6 foot snow blower, 7' sweeper, 7.5 Western blade and a 10' pusher. Each piece of equipment is good in its own way.

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

As for a sander/Salt spreader. It really comes down to what type of material you are using.

I like the Snow Ex personaly. For a tool cat a Snow Ex 3000 or maybe even a 6000. Same thing. Just one is taller.

both these would spread salt mixes well, Wet sand pushes a bit hard though.

Peterbilt