1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need help with bid on 45000 sq ft

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bihnsmoked, Oct 13, 2006.

1. bihnsmoked

bihnsmoked Junior Member

i was asked to submit a bid to a hotel. there parking lot is aprox 45000 sq ft it surounds three sides of the building pretty basic... i am giving them a per push price and a seasonal price i was thinking $130.00 per push $185.00 per salting $2000.00 seasonal plow and $2700.00 seasonal salting i have a 01 f250 v10 wetern uni mount 8' and buyers 600# tailgate spreader with vibrator any help please thanks in advance
    Brian

2. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Wow that's cheap! I'm not sure about ohio, but around here it'd be a lot more than that!

3. shamp

shamp Member

your looking at a big headache with hotels.your going to have to go back for clean ups, lots of traffic all the time. the lot will always have cars in it so your looking at time lost do to obstacles you need to bill for all this plus liability insurance,and all the other overhead costs of the business.i would say $3500-4500 for the season.

4. bihnsmoked

bihnsmoked Junior Member

r u talkin salting and plowing or just plowing?

if you are talking for both salting and plowing im very close if thats just for plowing im way under thanks for your input guys any others welcome to comment as well all help greatly appreciated

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

You should use Google earth and give us a screen shot of the place.

Most hotels will want the front cleared and rows between cars cleared before 7am. Then after check out they will want you to come back and clean up the entire lot. Depending on management salting is most times only partial. Entrances and the front where they load up after check-in/check-out.

You are on the low side but if you make money doing it thats the name of the game. Figure your costs going in though. A lot that size in a good storm and travel time to do the clean up you can figure a tank of gas alone. Then wear and tear on your truck and insurance. Trust me in a hotel lot you will want the best insurance you can get because their is a lot of movement from cars if it is a busy place and trust me they do not look for you when they pull out all they are thinking of is if they left anything in the room and getting back on the highway.

6. bihnsmoked

bihnsmoked Junior Member

here is a pic of that lot and 1 other that i am working on please help

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bihnenterprises@sbcglobal.net/photo/294928803272806343/1
    http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bihnenterprises@sbcglobal.net/photo/294928803272865843/0 http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bihnenterprises@sbcglobal.net/photo/294928803272806343/1

here r the links let me know if they work thanx the first 1 is a lot i havent talked about but i am needing to bid as well and the second link is the pic of the hotel thanx again

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  7. bihnsmoked

bihnsmoked Junior Member

i also just wanted to add

i just wanted to also say that it is 5 mins form my home so it would be easy to stop by on the way home for a clean up if i had to it would basically be on my way so i hope i get it thanks

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

This picture shows it will be tough for snow placement. Looks like you will have to run it all up to the upper right hand corner. Hope you have a V blade for that.

Depending on snow amount and how many cars I would go at least $150 per push and figure where they would want salt and add that on as extra.

The other picture you have there I am not sure what you would be plowing as it looks like there is 2 buildings there.

9. bihnsmoked

bihnsmoked Junior Member

i would be plowing the t lot

i would be plowing area between the two the section that looks like a T i dont have sq ft yet but i will tomarrow thanks

10. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Check with the hotel to see if they expect the spaces between parked cars to be cleared overnight. This is a tedious process, backdragging slot after slot. Because it will be so un-uniform (more cars one night less on another) flat rate may not be the best way to go. You can burn up large amounts of time detailing the lot. A Holiday Inn we did years ago could take from 1 hour to do to 4 and a half hours to do. That's alot of variance.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006