1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need help with a fisher mm plow question!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by icutgrass1, Nov 14, 2008.

1. icutgrass1

icutgrass1 Junior Member

Alright guys im switching to fisher mm plows this year, i have an 02 Chevy 3500 dually pickup, im gonna have one of my employees wire it up and get it all ready for a new fisher 9ft MM ok.....i also have a fisher MM 2 ....7 1/2ft set up but just the plow frame and blade...now will i be able to switch from the 7 1/2ft, to the 9ft blade using the same wiring and controls, and brackets on my frame? Basically i need to be able to use both blades on the same truck and switch back and forth if you follow me....it sounds stupid but some of my commercial accounts the 9ft doesnt fit, especially threw bank drive threws....Well anyways guys any help would be appreciated before i have to make other arrangements for winter.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

The basic answer is if both blades have the same wire hook ups, then you can use either blade, as far as I know. We have two mm1's and can flip between trucks with them.

Not sure how well the 7.5 will work on a truck where the back wheels are far outside the plow.

Hope your wiring works out.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yes....you CAN do this. What PLOW SIDE set up do you have now?

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

You have the complete set up plow side on both plows right? Meaning, you have a pump, A Frame, Headgear on both plow set ups...Right?

5. icutgrass1

icutgrass1 Junior Member

i have no plow side set up now for this truck, my other pickup has a curtis plow and im not too happy with it, only reason i have it is it came on the truck when i bought it....i really appreciate the help guys...one of my employees told me he knows how to wire up the fisher, im a little nervous because he didnt seem 100% sure about being able to do it....anyone know if wiring the plow up is a pain?

6. icutgrass1

icutgrass1 Junior Member

yes both plows have the blade, frame, lights...its basically all set to drive right into and hook up

7. icutgrass1

icutgrass1 Junior Member

i need to find the complete wiring kit, and brackets for my frame not sure what thats gonna run me

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Don't let him touch your truck then! If you are a little mechanically inclined and can follow directions, you won't have problem. However a guy that has nothing vested in your equipment and is only so so confident....not a good idea. Ask yourself this, has he ever something like this after screwing up on you "geez boss, I didn't know" or "Sorry, i din't know that". Your asking for a headache.

Where in MA are you? I know a couple guys that will treat you right in the northern sectors, and I am sure there are some other guys on here that can direct you in the direction as far as who to use in other areas.

I can get you the part numbers if you want to shop them before going to the dealer. I am thinking you need a 11 pin, 2 pin, and a 9 pin. Do you have anything truckside yet? You know you can't use the curtis stuff right?

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

what motor?

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Fisher

Check out that link, it will give you your part numbers truckside.

11. icutgrass1

icutgrass1 Junior Member

ya i know i cant use the curtis, ive been using old style plows for 10 years and this is my first time for using fisher MM.... i usually fix all my landscape equipment and everything myself, im a fabricator not so good at wiring and usually do everything myself but im really not looking forward to doing this myself...but you are right ive heard every line in the book for screw ups with employee's that why i fix everything myself...cant even trust the idiots to check oil properly in machines....Im located in western mass area/ springfield area actually

12. icutgrass1

icutgrass1 Junior Member

thanks man, i appreciate it

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sorry, no experince out there with dealers....It really isn't that hard though. Fisher has a great site with alot of PDF instructions. There is a great group of people that can help you here too. I did my wrecker, but it already had one before, so it was really easy.

14. icutgrass1

icutgrass1 Junior Member

im just hoping it doesnt snow! hey real quick its asking me if i have handheld controller? is that the fishstick?

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yes, that is up to you, you can get either or up grade later. There plug and play in the cab. Best bet is to buy on here, craigslist, or Ebay. There expensive in my mind, but there cheaper online....if you can call it that.

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

I have 11 Pin harness plow side if you need it. Other then that all I have is plow parts.

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is your 7.5 a two or three plug setup?

18. icutgrass1

icutgrass1 Junior Member

i didnt even look at it yet, i have to go pick it up.... i know its a newer 7.5 minute mount 2 thats all the info i have now

19. icutgrass1

icutgrass1 Junior Member

if anyone has the brackets for my truck that would help out, i need them for a 02 chevy 3500 4x4 with 8.1 / Allison

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, as long as they're BOTH three plug you'll be able to attach and operate either plow. If one is two and one is three, then you've got problems and will need to convert one.