1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need help pricing this place

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Sealer People, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi guys, theres a parking lot about 15 minutes from my place

Takes about 1 - 1.5 hrs to plow because im not the fastest.

I would say 20 mins of sidewalk shovelling using 1 man only
    Salting only when they say ( seperate visits )

Now the tricky part,,, they want us to visit the parking lot 3 times per week to change
    the bags in the garbage bins ( 6 bins ) ,,, I have to supply the garbage bags plus they also want the parking lot cleaned of anything people drop there, theres a coffee shop at this location so most of the mess comes from there.

on the walkways, they want calcium spread & not salt.

They want all this for $1000.00 per month ( canadian )

2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

not for me, your entering the unknown for snowfalls.
  3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i wouldnt charge any less than $45 to drive out there to change the garbage which puts just that at around $580 for the month.

$45x3 times per week=$135
    $135x4.3average weeks per month=$580.50

it sounds like the the lot is probably around an acre so just to plow that its $135. now what about salt? is that an extra charge or included in the $1000? its going to be around $150 a pop there.

i guess i dont know the details, it might be a 20000'sq lot and my numbers are off. i guess if salt was extra on top off the $1000 i might consider but i would need to know your average snowfalls.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I do a small circular parking lot for a condominium complex on the lake. I mean a few trips around the circle and I am done. I charge them $900 per month over 5 months and $100 per salting. I know i am in cleveland ussmileyflagand you are in canada, but what they want you to do is not profitable. Plus you need to use calcium, which costs an arm and a leg now... bad deal
  5. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

this place takes me about 1.5 hrs to finish on an average3 - 4 inch snow fall..
    the lot itself is atleast 25,000 sqft
    however they called me for salt tonight for the first time all season,,,,,, and its a minimum of 2 tons ( $300 ) but thats very rare,,, they dont like salt !!!
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you have all the slush in there from yesterday then you are going to have a hard time salting it to black tonight. It is going to be -10C.

2 tons on 1/2 acre is quite a lot though.