1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need help plz

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by pure perfection, Jan 19, 2010.

1. pure perfection

pure perfection Junior Member

I was offered a position to plow 18096 sq ft. how much do i charge for a job this size. Someone plz help me. thx

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

What type of place is it.....Does it have alot of islands...Need more details

3. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

The easiest way to figure it out is take the time it will take you plow the lot times your hourly rate, times the average number of events you will have to plow and that will give you a seasonal rate.

For per push, then take your hourly rate times the number of hours/minutes it will take you do the lot and that is your per push rate.

If you do salting or any other services then add them onto that.

I hope that helps.

4. pure perfection

nope no islands all the measurement are all lot would also like to know to know how much to charge for salt too

5. pure perfection

i was mostly doing residential homes this is my first large project I was thinking 200. for salt & plow is that too low?

6. Matson Snow

I need more details...Have you ever plowed before...Bulk salt or bagged salt..Is the lot wide open...

7. Matson Snow

Its 18 thousand square feet right

8. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

What is to low for me maybe not the same for you because of your local market. Sorry bud, I cant answer that question. you need to find out from other locals in your area what the going rate is. Alot of the time that is like bobbing for apples. you try to do a little research and soon enough you will hit the mark with enough attempts.

I was luck in that a friend taught me how to plow and in return for the ole "what would you charge" Q&A session, I tossed him a couple places that I knew were looking for bids.

Steve

9. Matson Snow

That place will go for $150 to plow and salt...Most likely Less..Times are tough around here..You have guys plowing for nothing

10. pure perfection

bag salt & yes its 18000 square ft. yes this will be my first snow plow & the parking lot stucture is wide open i was thinking 200 per plow plus salt is that too low?

11. pure perfection

ok thanks for the info it was very helpful thanks again

12. Matson Snow

Too High...Im thinking $150 tops....Unless no one else is bidding the lot...

13. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

18k wide open should take you 15-20 minutes to push then about 4-5 bags of salt. you will be lucky to see 150 for that lot probably closer to 100.