1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need help..I am confused and screwed....

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nascar Fan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

I let my little brother take my old Toyota (that had the fisher MM1) to drive during the fall season and he decided to "fix it up" for me........well lets just say it's not worth being a nice guy I guess.He gave me his plow setup off his pickup,and I HATE the fact that I have to have this Sanford and Son setup,but money is really,really,really tight between me being out of work since last May for shoulder sugery and I now have another surgery for the same shoulder on the 28th of November...,sooo I will be out even longer and lets just say Workmans Comp is a joke here in N.Y and now with Christmas it's just going to be impossible.Anyway long story short I have to mount a pump under the hood of my truck now and he had taken his air conditioner off to mount the pump and I just do not want to go that route.Can I mount any pump under the hood of my truck---for that application and have it work?or do I have to find what setup it is??In other words,if I have a say Meyer setup,can I mount a Fisher pump and have it work or do they have to be same manufacturer specific?????I have a 1997 Dodge 1500 5.2 if anyone has a pump that will work for cheap.I went to Ebay and see Storks has one for my truck but truth be told $200. for a pump is probably a great price but it might as well be a million dollars at this point.Any ideas?????

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

sorry to hear of your situation. only idea i have is don't plow. without the money behind you if something goes wrong it could just drive you deeper into trouble. i would say now is a good time for you to play it safe.
    jmo

3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

bri is probably right

but to answer the Q' they do not have to be the same manufacture hyd pres is hyd pres as long as the pump has up and left and right your fine oh and you need down too LOL

4. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

I really appreciate what your saying,but it's just not possible to do right now.I do not plow commercially but I also do have to plow(long story)but I got stuck with it.

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I don't understand if you are on workmans comp how you are going to work?

Is that not for when you are out of work?

Maybe NY has diff laws.

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

In NY, workmans comp covers him because he most likely got hurt on the job, and they can not legally fire him. They have to pay him until he is cleared to go back to doing that job. As long as his plowing does not require the same type of usage of his shoulder, they really cant do anything about it. Especially if they do not know about it. Being that he is not doing it commercailly, I dont see how they would know.

7. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

Also just to prevent ant further aggravation, the setup on ebay does not include the pump. It is only the mounting kit.

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

you are thinking of unemployment. that bachelors degree in human resource is coming in handy...

9. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

It as nothing to do with comp--I need this for my own non paying,non commercial,my own personal work.

10. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

There were 2 different Fisher setups that were $200. I thought they had the pump the one setup for $100. Had no pump.I will look again at that thanks for the heads up.

11. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Thanks everyone for the input&ideas I will figure something out.I dont want this to turn into a you can do this or cant do that because you are out of work or what if this or that breaks.I gave out too much info,to start with and thats my own mistake and for that I apologize. I was just looking for input ideas or even if someone had something laying around.I have plenty of parts for the truck and can repair/rebuild anything on it,but thanks for the input again.I am not trying in any way to sound ungrateful,so please dont take it that way, please.Thanks again.

12. Dave50mod

Dave50mod Junior Member

Dont be sorry or appoligize u were looking for info and opinions and thats what we should be here for not to give u a hardtime and think u are the bad guy hope u figure out something goodluck wih icould help u we all have been ther,keep ur head up