1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I Need help bidding a seasonal bid on 4 lots in the St. Louis area.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jim6322, Oct 12, 2014.

1. jim6322

jim6322 Junior Member

I have been invited to bid 4 stores within 8 miles of my yard.
    The trigger point is 2", salting and walks are include. Walks are only in front of the stores main door. The walks are 10' wide and a skid loader can plow them.

Site 1
    This lot is about 1 mile from my yard and the lot is 440,000 sq. ft.
    No islands wide open a lot with light poles.
    I have a cat 940 wheel loader with a 12' pusher.
    Skid loader with a pusher.
    Plow truck with a v box for roadways and salting, (this truck will be going to two sites)

Site 2
    This lot is 4 miles from my yard and 230,000 sq. ft.
    No islands, wide open, light poles.
    I will have two skid loaders with pusher on site with plow truck from site 1.

Site 3 & 4

Site 3
    This lot is 8 miles from my yard and 400,000 sq. ft.
    No islands, wide open, light pols with a rear ally.
    I will have a skid loader with a pusher and a plow truck for this site
    1 plow truck with a v box for this site and site 4.

Site 4
    This Lot is 6 miles from my yard in a very large shopping center. The area we are bidding is 230,000 sq. ft.
    A little more cut up due to a main road way to the large shopping center.
    I will have a skid loader and a plow truck for this site with the help of the truck with the V box.

I have come up with some figures but keep hearing it is going to be a bad winter. I do have 3 employees I pay year round to help cover the plowing.

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

10 year snow average/events is a relitivly safe way to calculate into a seasonal.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'd be thinking more about your guys and equipment first.that's a lot to cover plus what about back up stuff

4. jim6322

jim6322 Junior Member

I have a total of 15 men and I have a three dump trucks with plows for back up.