1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need help bad

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by BIGGB9, Sep 24, 2008.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Ok I have a 2007 dodge ram 1500 I found a blizzard 760 LT. The guy said he had the plow on a 2005 ram 1500 then he put it on a 2006 ram 1500 the next year. Well my question is I look on blizzard site and they only have a mount for 2002 to 2005 or 2006 to current. I looked at both mount and it does not look like the pics of the mount he has and yes I did see it on his 06 ram. So is it since blizzard got bought by douglas dyamics did they change there undercarriages. Is there an old style undercarriage that blizzard made to fit 2002 to current. Thanks Brian
  2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

If I remember correctly, there was a frame change in 06 at one point. The early 06's, the 05 mount would work. The later 06's the frame mount won't work.Technicly, I don't think Blizzard will let you put a plow on a quad cab because they are afraid of the frame cracking, and the extra weight the crew cab can carry. Also, your front GVW is probably too light to carry a plow. I remember running into this proble\m last fall with a new Dodge truck. You may have to buy the mount kit and modify it. If i remember, the front frame horn is curved, and not straight on the late 06 and newer trucks.