1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need everyones advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cole22, Feb 20, 2010.

1. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

Hey everyone, I need to get everyone's advice on a big plow for a tractor (without front loader) looking for a front mount! List away with web-site if able! I have a 165 horse Tractor, and a 210 horse. Thanks everyone!

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Find Neige, or JD Dave......they're probably the best source for tractor advice.

In my very limited expierience you would do well with a degelman,horst or some such power plow. Or even a pusher. Again this is expirerince I've gained reading not doing. Tractors tend to run out of weight before power, thus matching pusher to HP is tough since a tractor is so light compared to a loader of equal HP, or even one of 1/2 or 2/3 the HP of a tractor.

3. leon

leon Senior Member

As Forestfire Guy has explained so well its a matter of sizing the implement to the tractor.

Too wide a plow for a smaller tractor will eventually cause traction loss with heavy accumulations as the pile will wiegh more than the plow and tractor and you will need to lift and push and go back to push again to move it all.

Having chains and liquid tire ballast are always a plus for a tractor and snow plow.

Herein are a few places to look at for further reading;

www.horstwelding.com

www.degelman.com

www.farmequip.org/farmers_and _ranchers

The pronovost Ltd. company of quebec has built snow blowers for tractors for many years and build them very well also.

www.pronovost.qc.ca

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010