1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need advice on how to start!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grasshopperjl, Jun 27, 2004.

1. grasshopperjl

grasshopperjl Junior Member
    from WI

Hello everyone, I just signed up and happy to be a member now. I've owned a small lawncare here in WI for the last 5 years and I now want to venture into snowplowing this year. I don't have a heavy duty truck but it should be good enough, (98 f-150 off-road), what is the best way to get started? I will be working alone so how many do you think I can do with that truck, I imagine it will take time to learn how to do a nice efficient job though. Do you typically do pretty well in winter do to the fact it doesn't snow all the time, you just never know! I love the freedom of being my own boss in the lawncare field but really want to plow now so it's more of a year around business. I would really appreciate any useful advice from you guys, I know you all have alot of experience so I am all ears. THANK YOU!

2. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

Make sure you read through the years of past discussions on this site. You will find a lot of information to keep you very busy till the snow falls.

Enjoy