1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need a spreader ASAP

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by limargie25, Nov 2, 2004.

1. limargie25

limargie25 Guest

Guys I need some help because I'm driving myself crazy on the internet trying to find a spreader that will spread sand/salt mix. First of all I only have around $1500.00 to spend. I have a 1 ton truck and a ATV so I could use a vbox, tailgate or trailer model. All of these options would work for me. I have found a trailer model from WIKCO $875 and a Meyer Mate for $1349. Any other suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks, Scott

Scotty's Complete Home Maintenance

2. The Fisher Speedcaster is a very good hitch model. I had one last year before I switched to the henderson v. today I saw it at my local dealer for $1129.

3. limargie25

limargie25 Guest

is that price for a speedcaster 1 or 2?? I need to be able to spread salt/sand mix.

4. I beleive its the speedcaster 1. I don't understand why any spreader couldn't spread both, just make sure its consistant. I spread the mixture in mine with no problems.

5. iowaegian

iowaegian Junior Member
    from 1

Go with the Speedcaster2. While the Speedcaster1 can spread sand it must be BONE DRY. If you are spreading a salt sand mix the '2 is head and shoulders above the '1. If you are spreading salt only, either one is great.

6. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

sppedcaster 2

I have the Speedcaster 2. If yo do a search you may find what I have posted baout them. I paid less than $2k for mine, and installed it in an afternoon with a few buddies.Works well, just seem to empty the hopper way to often.Other than constant refilling, and short throw distance, it is not a bad deal.Makes me money, thats what counts!

7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

check these pople out, we just got a Buyers spreader........... they have fisher and others also. Very nice Co.

www.cpw@centralparts.com

8. EEW

EEW Junior Member

9. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I am having a SNO WAYvbox installed on the 23rd for around 2500. it is 8' 2yd. Itmight be worth the extra cash.

10. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I have 2 for sale. they are tail gate models that are on the hitch. Im asking 600 each. i have the controller for the snowex. one is a snowex one is a curtis. their are pix in the classified section. take a look. make me an offer. 600 each or 1000for both.