1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need a plow

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by 2guysandaplow, Jul 7, 2006.

1. 2guysandaplow

2guysandaplow Junior Member

what is the best blizzard plow

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Need more information... i.e. what are you plowing, do you have a truck already?? gotta have the whole picture because what is the best plow to one may be the worst for another...

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The one that fits your truck (goes along with what Frozen001 said). That's not saying Blizzard is the best plow out there; just answering your question.

4. 2guysandaplow

chevy silverado 1500

5. 2guysandaplow

oh and lite to moderate snow

6. Mick

from Maine

I used the Blizzard site to match a plow for your truck and had to make some assumptions - such as year (I used 2000), box style (I used 8') and front end (I used the heavier weight) and came up with 760 LT or 760 SW. If you want to do it yourself, click on the link and then "Start Power Match":

http://www.blizzardplows.com/power_match.asp

7. 2guysandaplow

ok

any plows for a chevy silverado 1500 1998 ext cab 6ft box

8. Mick

from Maine

This is what I got for "1998, CHEVY/GMC, K1500 CLASSIC .

The vehicle has a 4x4 drive train, Ext Cab body style, 6.5 Box foot box, 5.0L V8 engine type, 3925 minimum FGAWR, 3750 minimum RGAWR, 6600 minimum GVWR, and 2B headlamp type."

came up with - 760 LT and 400 lbs of ballast.

9. 2guysandaplow

never mind

i found out im gettin a new truck 2500hd 06
    trailering equipment
    plow prep pack
    ext cab
    lots of other goodies
    powerplow or speedwing

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The speedwing will be a lot lighter but you will not be able to make it any smaller then the scoop position. A 810 power plow will be able to be made only 8' wide but will be heavier and have more moving parts. You will only need a power plow or speedwing if you are doing commercial, if you are only doing residential then a straight blade should work well.

11. 2guysandaplow

thanks

what if i do both commercial and residential get straight and speedwing:confused:

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am not sure if you sctually mean to buy 2 plows or not. If I was doing both I would buy a speedwing for sure. Now if I ws getting paid by the hour I would want a higher pay per hour having a speedwing over a straight blade.

13. 2guysandaplow

so........

speedwing is good for both

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You can back blade with the wings in the scoop position or you can lock it in a straight position.

15. 2guysandaplow

im new to the biz of plowing what is backblading:confused:

16. Mick

from Maine

I used the Search feature and came up with this thread that I think does a good job explaining it: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=34518&highlight=backblade

The link I posted should come up blue - all you have to do is put your pointer over it and click. It will take you to the thread.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  17. 2guysandaplow

do you think i know nothing about computers i used to be a computer tech:nod:

18. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Then do a search, and add a sig. line so these guys can stop guessing on what truck and what type of plowing you do.

19. Mick

from Maine

I didn't mean to imply that you know nothing about computers. But without anymore information than we have, I didn't want to jump to conclusions, either. I've seen that happen and the person asking questions just getting frustrated, mad and they just winding up insulting each other. Since I'm not a computer tech, I wouldn't know that a computer savvy person would be familiar with the Search feature, either. I just know a little about this site's features. I'm just trying help people who come here to ask snow related questions. I have no way of knowing what other strengths they might have unless they put it in their profile (which I usually check).

Also, I'd guess that if you "used to be a computer tech", then you still are.

20. 2guysandaplow

still am just not as a profession:cool: