1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need a plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by irocz600hp, Sep 10, 2003.

1. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

I have a 88 Chevy 3/4 i need a plow for it . i found one at my local junk yard off a 92 Chevy 3/4 will it fit on mine

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

You should be posting this in the Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum instead of this Snowplowing forum. That's where people will see and give you an offer if they have a plow for your truck.

This thread probably will be relocated to that forum anyway.

3. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

im asking for info not a plow

im askin for info

4. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

And you'll get real far at this rate...:angry:

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Stephen, I believe he's asking if a plow from a '92 Chevy will fit a '88.

I believe '89 is when the body style changed, but I can't say if the frames are different. There should be plenty of help here for you soon.

Welcome to Plowsite!:drinkup:

6. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome to this site. If both trucks are four wheel drive, that plow will fit.

7. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

would u say

would u say 500 is a good price for eveything

8. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

What brand is it?

9. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Let's try this again, everyone disregard all posts above this line, CLEAN SLATE!

Can anyone help this new member?

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite.

If your truck is a 3/4 ton in 88, that would mean that it's the older body style, am I correct? Meaning that it looks like the 73-87 chevy trucks? If this is the case, then no, the plow from the 92 (which I beleive to be the first year the 3/4 and larger trucks were the newer body style) will not work.

If the two trucks are the same body style, then yes, the plows are interchangeable between your 88 and that 92. However, I think that if the plow has been sitting outside in the junkyard for a long time, it may need lots of $ to bring it back up to a dependable running state. I'd start by taking off the motor to see what it looks like inside the pump and housing. If there is any rust, Its probably best to look for another plow. What shape is the blade in? I would imagine is pretty rusty, as are the tilt cylinders. If you think it is in decent shape, then its probably worth your time. $500 for that plow froma salvage yard, however, is probably too much.

12. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

I was told my truck is the new body style. no this plow looks mint it just came in on a truck that was rearended.

13. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Irocz does that truck look like your truck? For more info go to Fishers website. In any event if the plow looks brand new it should be a minute mount and all you need to be concerned about is the mount which isn't too big a deal. Hope it works out good for you!

14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Model change was between 87 and 88 models. The plow should bolt right up.

15. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

ALL YOU GUYZ WERE BIG HELP THANX ILL LET U NO HOW IT GOES WHEN I DO THE INSTALL THIS WEEK

16. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

17. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to Plowsite.

1988 would be the new body style,unless you have a V series,but they were only one ton crew cabs.

The plow may be different.There is a difference between LD (7200 lb GVWR) and HD (8600 lb GVWR) 3/4 tons.The frames are different.Check the GVWR on both truck to see if the match.If not,you might have to get a new peculiar attachment kit to make that plow work with your truck.

Even at $500.00 plus the cost of the new kit is still a good deal if it's in really good shape.

18. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

My New Used Plow

OK guys received my plow today.it came off a 92 Chevy 2500 going on my 88 gmc 2500. MY truck is 7200 gvw.the plow that i got was a 8ft it has 4 trip springs.is this to much for this truck.
    also the push-plate had rails with them on the fisher site the 2500 with 7200 gvw doesn't is this going to work feed back needed.

19. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

iroc, I merged your new thread here with the existing thread. There's no need to start a new thread if you are continuing on the same topic. Good luck!

20. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

First question: That plow is just fine for your truck, in fact, thats the most common size of plow for a 3/4 ton truck like yours.

As for the pushplates, I cannot say, as I don't quite understand, however, I think that everything from the 92 (plow-related) needs to be bolted onto your truck. I'm a Western user, so I'm not real familiar with Fisher, but many other members are, they'll be able to help you out.