1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need a plow for my 02 dodge ram 1500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bigmudder77, Aug 4, 2008.

1. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

ok well i guess the plow i got wont really work im sure i can make it work but thats alot of time and cutting welding and you know the rest

i have the under carrage already and its a boss so im looking for a boss set up but for the right price i will get a different style set up

or if any one has the bracket that holds the pump thats a boss bracket ill take that and make the rest of the stuff i got work with that

let me know i need it asap thanks

2. bigmudder77

from wooster

no one has any of this stuff?

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im selling a plow but its not a boss

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So you have a Boss mount for your '02 1500? What mount series is it? I'd have to assume it's an RT2 or RT3 as thats all there is for your truck...so your not going to find a "pump holder" for it as the lift tower on the RT2/RT3 plows is where the pump and all the associated hydros/electrics are mounted, which stays with the plow when detached on an RT2/RT3.

I suppose you could use just the lift tower from an RT2/RT3 series and leave it on the truck permanently...but your still going to need a ton of fabrication work to retro a cable driven Western pump unit and a conventional mount Western plow/A-frame to it.

So you'd still be much future ahead to find a complete plow set up thats specifically for your truck like you mention at the start of your post.

5. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

6. bigmudder77

from wooster

i found a boss plow but it came off a 02 chevy would it fit with my truck it looks like the one in enzos thread but a 7 and a half ft

im trying to find out more info on it but he hasnt e-mailed me back

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is your mount you have RT3?
    Is this plow for sale RT3?
    Is your mount for an '02 1500 Dodge?

If so...then it'll go right on. Will probably need a set of headlight adapters though.

7.5 ft Boss Super Duty would work fine even on your 1/2 ton truck with a set of TImbrens and rear ballast.

And it would all work like it's suppose too...