1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need a pair of heads!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by k-20 work horse, Feb 9, 2008.

1. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

:cry:well one of my heads on my 84 350ci k-20 is bad. the drivers side head has a crack right next to the coolant temp sensor. so if anyone has a pair of heads 194;s or 202's within 100 miles of rhodeisland im am very interested thankyou!

2. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

3. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

couldent find anything on that site- thanks tho

4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

194's or 202's!!!! Got a little hot rod there, huh!!!!

5. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

hot rod

i guess you could call it a hot rod but theres nothing wrong with a little more power right? The truck came off the assembly line with 194's and thats whats still on there, but i have a big cam in that engine with better pistons and i already run higher octane fuel so i figure why not look for some 202's. At this point I'm just trying to get it running down the road again tho. Cant do that pissing green stuff from your cylinder heads.

6. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

try this guy 978-372-8361
    i'll ask around did you try craigs list ? i saw a complete
    eng on the want ad site

7. MaMaCon

MaMaCon Junior Member

I live in Kansas and have a couple of sets of 194's. One set is off of a 70's 350 and the other set is of a late model with the two piece rear main seal. Either set should work for you. I would sell them complete for $250 dollars. I took a set of 194 heads and made them 202's for my 350 in my plow truck and it cost me about $300. Let me know if you are interested.

8. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

You may want to stick with a smaller intake valve to produce more torque. The bigger valves are more beneficial at higher RPMs. You can use all the torque you can get while plowing. Look for a set of 441, 487, or 993 casting number heads. Leave the 1.94 valves in them. Make sure they have a fresh valve job, and are surfaced and you will be good to go.

9. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I think I might have a set of old 883 (at least I think they're 883s) 194s in the garage. I'll have to take a look tomorrow and see if they are still there. Haven't touched them in years except to steal a valvespring for another motor. If I still have them I'll get a pic for you. They'll need to be cleaned up, but I think they were probably done and not many miles on them before I got them. They were on a hobby-stock race car for a short time and replaced with 202s. I think I only gave $50 for them. If they are something you're interested in I'll try to dig them out.

10. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

If you don't have any luck:

www.car-part.com

11. Zombee

Zombee Junior Member
    from NH

I have a pair of heads that I believe are 194's. I'm in NH, and they are off an '87 fullsize blazer with the 350 TBI.