1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need a new track and a new freind lol

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by powerjoke, Oct 5, 2008.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i need a new track and a new freind.

i loaned my mini out, and well........he called and said,

"the track was already kinda broke"

hmmmmm?

i went and looked and, they had it on some really sharp rock's and.....well i have done it before too, so not a big deal.

does anyone know of anyplace that will repair track's, i figured since most of you have snow-mobile's you'd know someplace that done that type of stuff.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i know how you feel, but not exactly to the same degree. i lent out my trailer and got it back with the fenders all gouged and scratched up. little stuff like that really chaps my ass. put a dent it in, i dont care because i can bang it back out. Now the damn things gonna rust and even if i paint it the gouges will still be noticable. no matter how hard i work stuff, i try to keep them in physical and mechanical good shape. as for a track company, i dont think one in CT would do you any good lol

3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

06, if you really want to get the dent smooth, try bondo. Then paint.

As for lending things out, one of our dump trailers came back with bent axles. :realmad:
    The 6 tonne trailer was full of asphalt waste, & he takes the bobcat, lifts the trailer up by the hitch & does a 180 rotate. All 4 tires fought against each other & bent the axle shafts causing one side to rub against the frame. Both tires blew on the highway while driving to go dump it.
    Although we have the snapon air tools to fix problems like that, it make ya wonder why others don't respect expensive equipment.

Heres our trailers being primed for painting!

PJ: Heres our NEW mini-ex we bought this summer!!! :redbounce

DSCN2725.jpg

DSCN2726.jpg

DSCN2724.jpg

4. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Hey PJ, when you get it fixed can i borrow it!!!! (oh! and your truck to!!!) LOL!!:drinkup::jester::drinkup:

P.S. Repo called and he needs it to!!!!!!

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

P.S. Repo called and he needs it to!!!!!![/QUOTE]

yeah we need it to dig his grave

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that little 'bota sure is cute....way too funny that its loading a wheelbarrow, though! lmao

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

he spent all his money on the ex and couldnt afford any shovels

8. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Powerjoke. - I am not familar with the cat tracks , but why cant you run it with a ripped track? Doesnt the steel chain still hold it together?

9. powerjoke

haha...... Repo.....lmao bring's back memories lol

Dug: the thing is more like a spaghetti string instead of a donut (no repo pun intended, lol)

10. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I can be lazy sometimes!!! lol, its cause our tractor was on another job site. :redbounce
    And loading wheelbarrows while talking on the phone to Tls's GURL was enjoyable too! :D

11. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

My Bobcat salesman told me about a place near Indy that has new tracks cheap. I believe the place is called Ward Tire in Greensburg Indiana, you may try calling them. I got lucky when my track was tearing & found a guy that just replaced both of his so I bought his used one. I know Ward was about $1800 for a full set of new tracks for my 430BC

12. powerjoke

cool, i'll give em a ring in the morning

13. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Any luck PJ on that place I spoke of?

14. powerjoke

Thanks J:.......i ended up getting one for $795 :eek: :D

15. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I am glad I could help. The prices they want for OEM stuf is off the wall so any savings I can send on is just less the big corps get.