1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need a e60 tutorial

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jslawncare, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

can someone please explain to me what does what?
    which coil makes it go up
    which makes it go down and which angles left and right.

i have a e60. i think it might be a e60h not sure (knowing the differnce here would be nice also)
    both my angle fittings are on top of the angle block. i found a e60h diagram on meyers site under obsolete diamond pumps...it looks just like what i got.

also the problem i have currently is my plow wont raise. pump will raise with the blade off only. it angled left upon powerup and stayed there. i can visualy see the top cap shaft seal leaking so im hoping thats the problem.

and last but not least how do i do a pressure test. i can get my hands on just about any automotive tool. if i know what i need!

thanks

2. huss691981

huss691981 Member

left on a meyer pump is the defalt direction, no valves active.C valve, green wire, makes it go right, Bvalve, red wire, goes up, Avalve, black wire, goes down. The only diff that I knbow ofg between the 2 is a 60h is a high life model, it raises the blade higher. Most of the parts are the same, just diffrent lift mad as far a i know. The top cap seal is a wiper only, it holds no pressure. It keeps the dirt and water out and the oil that leaks past the packing cup on the lift ram in.

3. huss691981

huss691981 Member

here is the link to the repair manaual. www.centralparts.com/Common/Documents/PDFs/Meyer/1-667 R4 E-60 Manual.pdf First, check if the fluid level is good. Second, do you have magnitism at the c coil, green wire for angle right. Do you have magnitism at the b coil, red wire, for lift. If not, do you have power at the connection between the coils and the harnedd, bullet connectors. Let us know.

4. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

thanks. heres where im at.
    the pump lifts but only if the blade is off. and it can easily be pushed down with steady hand force. (2 hands)
    i tried down without the blade and nothing seemed to happen. is that because the blade weight helps it lower.!?
    i hooked up a hose to both angle valves and fluid squirts out them. (unattached from pistons)
    probably not the best idea but right now things are hard to test because im alone. so im improvising....

ill have a buddy come by in a day or so to help.

any insight from the above is appreciated

5. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

just looked over that manual. any way to get that for the older pump i have.

mine has to 2 angle couplers on top side by side.

6. huss691981

huss691981 Member

it's the same pump, the block design schanged but everything else should be the same. Meyer changed the coupler location, that's it. Ither than that same block, b valve, c valve, check piston, crossever valve, add same postion.

as far as lowering, the blade lowers by gravity. There is a valve for the lowering speed, can be made to drop faster or slower.

arm raises with out the blade on it. 1. is your battery good, i chased a bad battery for 3 days last year, spent about $250 on parts that I did not need.
    2. disconnect the power from the eletric motor, push your switch up. You should hear a clicking.
    Let's start with that....let me bnow Mike

7. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

ok im working. had a baddly pitted shaft which was causing the leak around the lift rod.
    and i have a bad touchpad. the down button is stuck.

wheres the best place to get a new touch pad or fish stick controller?

thanks for the help. the manual came in very handy

8. huss691981

huss691981 Member

centralparts.com I would get the slick stick but you might have to get an adaptor. They have a link at the top of the screen. Mike

9. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

yeah thinking slick stick or dual toggles. read somewhere slickstick makes some banging noise or something.

10. huss691981

huss691981 Member

the slick stick can't float and angle at the same time. Our ford has it and I hate it. My Power Wagon has the duel toggles, don't know why meyer ever stoped using them.

11. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

just got the slick stick hooked up. works nice! i got a manual so its mounted right on the shifter.

i tried to get the dual toggle but that would have needed to order the harness....im getting snow saturday so slick stick it is. $140 for stick, harness and mounting kit...

12. huss691981

huss691981 Member

cool. Glad it all working for ya! Anything else just give me a yell. Mike