1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i need a door for a scat trak anyone help???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by snowguys, Oct 26, 2009.

1. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

im looking for a door for a 1998 scat tack 1700c if anyone one knows where i can get one or if some one elsed door will fit tryed doing a search and came up with nothing thanks

brian

2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

The Scat Traks were made hear for years, we even owned a few of them. There is a business just North of me who specializes in anything Sky & Skat-Trak. He's been buying up inventory & parts for years now, so if he doesn't have it or know where to get it, your probably SOL. Good Luck.

http://www.skytrak.com/

3. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

thanks for the info

4. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

If I remember correctly, Volvo bought Skat Trac to have a skid steer to offer for sale. Maybe they can get parts for the Skat Tracs or maybe they have a unit (or had) that used the same door. If you have a savy parts guy (at the dealer) he should be able to help.

5. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

You're right, Volvo bought the skid line out. But I think they changed everything shortly after. This place that I listed is fairly impressive with their knowledge & inventory on these machines.

6. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

so they want like 3-4,000 just for the door wow i'll just make one lol

7. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I can't beleive that. Are you sure they are not quoting you a complete cab enclosure assembly? I think the door for my Bobcat is +/- $600. If you are being quoted correctly than I certainly agree with your decision.