1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I need 1 turner that can work from 2000 to 2007 on Ford Truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Milwaukee, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I been have lot people with 5.4L on Ford truck they told me it have too much power plus transmission shift too soft. Plus they gotten 14 mpg so I been look on internet many people claim it boost from 14 to 17-20 mpg plus it run improve plus transmission shift firm.

My friend bought one and he say it worth plus he got 3 mpg increase in city and 4 mpg in highway. His is f250 V8 5.4L He used to get 13 in highway at 65 mph

So I told them I would get turner so I can do on several trucks and vans.

Then look on internet found 1 turner for 1 F150 but not 1 turner that can do F150 to E350. It for 1 specialty vehicle.

I need one that can do with 5.4L V8 and 6.8L V10 and years would be 2001 to 2007.

My budget is $500.

Thank

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hi,

Im not sure if you ment they dont have alot of power but thats the complaints ive heard from the 5.4, a little gutless. I have a 6.0 diesel chipped with a bullydog PMT, bullydog does have gas tuners but I dont think you would see more then 1-2 MPG. They can however help with the shifting. Heres a couple links for you:

http://www.bullydog.com/product/index/product_detail/149/55

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/howto/3333/index.html

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/php/Ford_F-Series_Gasoline_Vechicle.html

http://www.edgeproducts.com/view_all_products.php

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

:confused: I've driven a few trucks with the 5.4 and I was less then impressed. Our friends f250 with the 5.4 can't get out of its own way.

I don't think you will find a tuner that will work for the 5.4 and the 6.8 and in that broad range of years and vehicles.

I'm sure one would help some but I dont see a 5.4 powered f250 getting 17mpg highway with the tuner. Our friends gets 7-9 around town and maybe 10-12 highway being all stock.

4. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Most tuner/programmers will only do one vehilce at a time, meaning if you wanted to program your F150, you would have to put it back to stock before you programmed another vehicle. So don't plan on buying one of these to use across multiple vehicles. Just a heads up.

5. Milwaukee

Well I know one guy who i fix his f250 with 5.4L I was surprise it have too much power plus it could spin tire on pavement plus his gear ratio are 4.10 so I think you drive that truck which have 3.73 because most buyer think 3.73 with 5.4L is plenty well honest it almost difference. My Uncle have Lincoln which look like F150 have 3.73 it moving ok but not like F250 with 4.10.

I can see why buyer won't buy 4.10 because they think they save gas by go 3.73.

Honest when I drove I was like say wow I do want this truck. But he plan not drive just for plow truck. I told him I would buy this for $4,000 He say ok but let me know before you plan buy then I would find used truck with plow.

But problem with Ford they are put computer that programmer to use much gas for hp but need limit how fast spin like slam on gas pedal and see fast rpm to 5,000 in 3 sec which is too much. Why anyone need engine to rev so fast in short time. My Dad's old F150 with 302 it would rev to 5,000 in 6 to 10 sec in road but he do sometime when he get so mad with crazy driver.

If you don't believe I can have his drive f250 and I will video for you. But his E250 with 5.4L not have same performance on his F250. It could be rear axle are 3.73 but Van more heavy it extended commercial van.

Do Ford use different program for F250 and E250?

6. Milwaukee

DARN.

Look like I need call them to ask if they offer 1 turner for all trucks. I hope because customer don't want spend $500 for their truck.

7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

you can only use one tuner for one truck. once you hook the tuner up it becomes "vin locked" to that truck and will not work on any other vehicle until you hook it back up and return original truck to stock tune.

8. tuna

tuna Senior Member

What is a turner?

9. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Tuna, Tuner, Turner !.... :dizzy:

There are different calibrations for each of the vehicles that use the 5.4L. Most likely they have different PCM hardware too. So F150, F250, E250 with 5.4L are all different.

10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

just get the sct live wire and it does it all...i have had those others....NO COMPARISON

11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

ONE tuner will only work on ONE vehicle at a time. I have never seen a multi-application tuner. JMO