1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I might be state of delirium from the fever-- but this Unimog is calling to me..

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TatraFan, Nov 16, 2011.

1. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

I don't know if it is the fever making this decision or the boredom that my infirmity is causing but this sweet little Unimog in Schwabach is looking better and better every time I view it.

It has the 5.9L inline @160hp diesel with inter-cooler. The 8 speed main box with hi-lo range, working range, crawler range for a total of 24 possible gear ratios. It has front and rear pto's and 3 way tipper box. It has the front hydraulic hookups. It basically has everything I want in a Unimog.

I think I must purchase it.

truck-tipper-UNIMOG-U-1600-42712---1_big--11071912093568585300.jpg

2. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

:i like it::tymusic

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Sweet...
    What does something like that go for?

4. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

Right now the Euro is at roughly 1.3504 to 1 US dollar so it is like 40,361.00 or so ... Then you have to add in the VAT and shipping so grand total will be about 50-60k USD. But I think it is worth it myself. Then I have to add the 10ft Schmidt Plow and Schmidt Snow Cutter 1200ton per hour with a 35 inch diameter auger. I'm hoping to find those items in the US so shipping will be less.

5. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

6. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

7. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

those things are bad aZZ i love them i have always wanted one. I think that the wife would divorce me if i got one. But then again if i got rid of here i could get my UNI and a girlfriend. maybe a win win.

good luck take some pics when you get it over here to the states.

8. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

That's one of the coolest ones i've ever seen!!

9. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

I will... I think the truck will be fun both on and off road-- plus it fits in the back of my bigger truck rather nicely.

10. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Westside Tractor in Illinois has 2 for sale. Cheaper than that.

11. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

dude that is freaking awesome keep us posted. i def want to see some pics with the plow set up. sounds sweet.

12. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

link??????????

13. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

I've not seen a U1600 series setup with the 24spd gearbox for anything under 54k in the US. Is it the same model and everything?

14. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

15. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

that thing looks set up to eat small hybrid cars that get in the way/stuck in the snow lol.

does the blower motor come off easily as a unit when taking off the front blower? will that allow you to put a standard bed on the truck?

16. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

Dont know how "easily" it would come off but anything is possible given enough time and enough tools lol

17. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

And yes, I hear it needs a prius a day to keep in shape

18. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

Well I woke up early this morning only to find that truck in Germany was sold... I'm bummed I should have attempted to purchase it yesterday. Oh well I'll find another.

I was interested in that truck in the truck paper until I read it has the hydro-static drive... I'm not a fan of the hydro drive. I'm a fan of the separate engine for the blower unit however. But for me the dump box makes more sense since I want to use it construct my very own obstacle park for my Tatra T-815...

19. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

So like I said some one sniped me out of my preferred Unimog... The first truck is white and green and it is Slovenia for 12,000+ dollars plus VAT and shipping but it comes with a tipper and 3 section 10ft Schmidt plow. The second is from the State of Washington and is setup only as Snow Cutter truck with a 110hp engine or 120hp in the rear for the snow cutter. It runs for 23,000USD. The third truck is from Canada it has the dump box and a snow blower but it is 35,000 CDN so that is really not a big bargin for me as the Canadian dollar is almost the full value of the US dollar currently. The forth truck is from Va and is 24K and has a front end loader, snow blower, back hoe, and Back Hoe as well... I think that might be the one I get-- but the other two lack the tipper bed-- and I really need a dump box if I'm going to create an off-road obstacle area for my Tatra... I really had my heart set on the U1600 in Germany... I'll just have to keep looking I guess!

truck-tipper-UNIMOG-406-121---1_big--11102715080973976900.jpg

111018-10.jpg

111025-10.jpg

110509-10.jpg

20. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

Maybe I'll just buy another Tatra --- this time the classic T-813 model 8x8 quad cab... 17.6L Diesel Air-cooled and normally aspirated. It produces about 250hp and 770Ft-lbs of torque-- through a 5x2 box. it does about 50mph-53mph... But it can pull 65 metric tons-- and i can it in the Netherlands for a steal at 10,098.00 US before VAT and Shipping. So probably about 25K total for it to be sent to the port of NY. Which is what I basically paid to just buy my current T-815 model truck... I think I would like to have both actually. But want the Mog too-- I probably shouldn't do anything until I'm over my illness-- I think I be might purchasing things because I'm sick and bored.

truck-military-truck-TATRA-813---1_big--11090416055669981000.jpg