1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I may get lucky tonight

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Alan, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Forecast has a winter storm alert out for northern NY and VT. Snow/sleet/freezing rain by morning, no appreciable snow accumulation but the possibility of icing early, then warming and turning to all rain by afternoon. May get to shake a little salt in the wee hours. It's not going ot take much of an excuse for me to try out that spreader setup on the S. And if it does get nasty all the plows are ready, at last.

2. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

well, theres getting lucky and then theres getting lucky...:p

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Well... if that wasn't a misleading topic, I don't know what is.

4. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I wasn't the least bit misled. *Someone* here needs to get their priorities straightend out, and it's not Alan. :)

5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Regardless of WHAT was implied by the title, I'm still upset: No snow here. :(

(And I thought Canada was supposed to be the Great WHITE North!)

J/K Alan - hope you get to try out the "new" S!

6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

We were out this morin, with the salt shakers.

We will more than likely be out tommorrow as well.

Geoff

7. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

just got done putting the spreader on . with any lick i will be able to give it a whirl in the morn.
    no snow yet however about 1hr. north of me they got 7" and up.
    no ice either man i'm gonna miss ice fishing this year if it don't get cold and stay cold.
    dan

8. SlimJim Z71

digger242j,

I was just joking around, and I'm fairly sure Alan knew that.

On a dim note... no snow here either. Looks like I'm still a few weeks away from anything worth jumping up and down about. Temps are still getting up into the 40's during the day, and only in the mid to lower 30's at night. Ah well... it'll come soon enough.

Tim

9. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Tim,

So was I. I only started posting here a few days ago, and I forgot that the reputation as a wiseass that follows me around in real life hasn't been established here yet. Please, if came across as being critical, accept my apology.

(In return, I'll accept that your interpreting "getting lucky" could mean *anything* other than having snow was but a momentary lapse, and that you've now regained your senses....) :)

(Reviewing the posts, it looks like someone's going to hafta have a heart to heart with finnegan about this too....)

(Besides, even if I were cranky I have an excuse--it's been raining for two days and the forecast calls for it today and tomorrow as well. The site is a sea of mud and there's not a snowflake in the forecast....) :mad:

10. SlimJim Z71

Don't worry... no toes were stepped on. Just didn't want ya to think I was raining on anyone's parade or anything. Welcome aboard!

11. ScottyB.

ScottyB. Member

Parts of upper Michigan had NO snow on Monday and now have 32" on the ground.
    In no time at all we will be swearing at the white stuff.
    Later,
    Scotty B.

12. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We were out October 26th and 27th here. Then nothing.... and nothing in the forecast except warm temps and rain.

Now.... in Utah, it's a much different story. They've had almost 50% of average already this season. Nice thing, is that it should be all over out there by February......

13. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Is that truth John or wishfull thinking? I remember driving through Salt Lake City in early March a couple years ago. Two feet on the ground and it was the middle of a storm that dumped 25 inches. I know you are always prepared though.

14. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Sure enough, trucks hit the road around 11 for some salting.

Geoff

15. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Thumbing my nose at Mother Nature

I stopped on the way home and bought a couple T-bones. Just rolled the grill out of the garage and lit it. Now I'm just waiting for my better half to get home from work. If it's gonna be 57 degrees at 11:25 p.m. on November 29, the heck with it, I'm cooking out!