1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I made out today!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MickiRig1, May 1, 2010.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I picked up 2 lawn tractors that have not been started in 2 years for $100.I drained the old gas out and added new. Drained the oil and added 2 new batteries and oil. A healthy shot of starer fluid and they fired right up. Mowed an acre & half each and they rock! A Craftsman 11.5 and a Husky 12.5 tractors. I sold a boat I had so the wife can not say a word! No money out of the joint fund! I WIN!

2. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

Nice, but in the world of $$ + wife = you may have won the battle but you haven't won the war! You'll find her sneakin around out in the dark cutting your battery wires..."Oh looks like you need to sell this" and sabotage your new investment...lol...j/k, having a little fun, good luck with your new toys!

3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

with a title like "I Made Out Today" i have to assume that you were either sucking face with your wife after such a good deal, or you were slipping the tongue the lawn tractors after they started for you, either way it is a strange subject heading. :D

Good find on the tractors, lets see some pics.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Nice job....hope everyone has that kinda luck

5. MickiRig1

The guy I sold the boat to had an old lady neighbor come over, We go to talking and she asked if I would be interested in 2 tractors. Her husband died 2 years ago. She uses a lawn service. The guy I sold the boat to said the old guy took great care of his stuff.

The Wife would not even know to look under the seats for the batteries. Plus they are in a shed that only I have the keys for. I went to a gas station that I go to all the time. The woman behind the counter said I never seen anyone so dirty with such a smile on his face. Hey 2 lawn tractors for about $100 in materials and $100 in purchase will do that. My youngest son has already claimed his tractor to mow the 3 acres this summer.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you (still) have some issues in the marriage. Have you talked to your pastor or a counselor?

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lmao, hey, who are we to judge

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Judging and observing are two very different things.

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You should seriously consider quitting...continued usage will make you stupider over time.

X2-I was thinking the same thing. A little dissapointed when I started reading about lawn mowers. :drinkup:

10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Congratulaionsnon your first French kiss, why I remember my first French kiss! The year was eleventy six, an I am only 17!!

11. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

u and the wife have seperate funds?! i didn't know that was allowed in marrage. im going to have to have a word with the guy that did our counceling i got screwed.

12. MickiRig1

The Wife and I are type A personalities and have to be assertive in our jobs. Type A's tend to butt heads at times.
    It's cool between the Wife and I. We have our little skirmish's it's not a constant argument at all. Have you not heard the old say? There's OUR money and HER money. I do a house paint. I put half in the joint fund the rest I may buy toys I mean tools. She complains when the truck needs parts or tires. We all know the truck is going to get it's cut. Be it parts,tires,fluids or a big payment to the bank.

Last edited: May 10, 2010