1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I Made a Stupid Mistake

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BlueRam2500, Feb 22, 2008.

1. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Sucked up a darn newspaper in my snowblower. It is wedged in one of the inner blades right under the chute. Can't reach it from the top of the auger, tried that already. I looked at the back of the machine and don't see a way to take the machine apart to get it out. Anyone have any tips on how to get it out? I have the machine sitting in my garage and hopefully it will dry out tomorrow and then I can get it out.
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

My grandpa did that, and he just lit it on fire with his torch, LOL. Dont let it get too crazy though
  3. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

propane torch and a pair of pliers
  4. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

turn the blades by hand in reverse?
  5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

.....I found about (+ -) 4000 ft dog lead that was cable and just under the surface, not sure what scared me more the sound of in going into the blower or watching it apear out of the snow like a trap........

bolt cutters got it out, but now sparky can only go a couple feet, but he has a couple dozen leads to choose from........(LOL)

It's funny now but like always it happened when I was moven good and cover'n ground.

Good luck dispatching the dispatch!!:salute:
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's what I did after I couldn't reverse it.
  7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i have sucked up many newspapers with a kubota with a blower on the front but they just shot across the lawn lol.
  8. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I cant tell you how many times i have done that. And what makes it worse is it happens at my moms house. LOL. My mom knows the newspaper lady so she gives us extra papers. But she throws them out her window, so they go all over the drive way. I heated mine with a torch also, but be careful. I also used something to pry off pieces of the paper just enough then i pulled it out. Make sure the blower is off and the plug is pulled before you do that. Good luck
  9. SnowplowingTom

SnowplowingTom Junior Member

Lots of water

Water works great, i sucked up some papers and i got the garden hose out and let the newspaper get wet and it falls apart and easy to pry out.
  10. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

New York Times Sunday edition, a snowblower stopper anytime. Don't believe me, ask my buddy John McCain
  11. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Try pressure washing it out. It should get soggy enough, it will come out in clumps!