1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I love my meyer plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by movefish, Dec 13, 2009.

1. movefish

movefish Junior Member

I love my meyer plow...why ...its what i have and i have fixed everything thanks to this site..let it snow in michigan
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

welcome to the forum......I like my Meyer too, also because its all I got....and I don't have to make a living with it.....lol
  3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I'll drink to that!
  4. pldann86

pldann86 Member
    from LI NY

Thats a big 10-4
  5. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

I have replaced so many parts on mine I think I bought 3 plows.
  6. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

7. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Love mine too! Bought it new in 1999
    and this year was the first I've had to replace parts.
    She's made me loads of $$ and still going
    strong this season. wesport
  8. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

I think anyone who want to become a snow plow tech should have to run a Meyer plow for a season
  9. JMill_PA

JMill_PA Junior Member

I just told my wife the same tonight. After using my e60 for 4/5 years for my own lot & occasional friends driveways, I've become a Commercial sub. After a few breakdowns this year (70+ hours working thus far), thanks to this site & the online meyer documentation, I feel like a plow tech! Traced an intermittant up/b coil issue to the fact that the b valve had some corrosion on it's top. Therefore the coil wasn't getting a ground, only the 12v from the red wire. Little wire brush lovin & dielectric grease & I had excorcised one demon. Told the local tec this & got a "really, oh, yeah.... Makes sense". I'm a computer guy for heavens sake, I should NOT be brighter than the meyer guy.
  10. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i have replaced one C-8 due to the fact after 36 years, the moleboard rotted out. and that only had one cutting edge put on it in those 36 years.
    my other C-8 is 22 years old, and still has the same cutting edge on it, as does the 17 year old C-8.5.
    the trick is i use western skids instead od meyers shoes. i only get 1 plow session out of a set of shoes compared to 18-20 years out od a set od skids.
    and i have only had to replace one pump, and that was because someone hit my truck and broke the pump off it.
  11. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

you are from NJ sir :laughing:
  12. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

I don't plow for a living just my own driveway. I'm getting too old to run a snowblower so when I got a truck with a plow I knew nothing about plows. Learned everything about my plow and how it works on this site, how to maintain it, etc. Plow runs great because of this site and if something goes wrong I know how to troubleshoot. Thank god for places like this.
  13. tjctransport

you are too last time i looked.:eek:
  14. blk90s13

Your plows did not get much use
  15. tjctransport

actually they get a lot of use.
    the only difference is i do municipal roadways, so i can use skids and not eat my cutting edges up.
    my current route is 10 miles of roads. old route was 17 miles of roads, and on average i run between 135 and 160 miles each plow session
  16. blk90s13

well that makes sense now I get a new cutting edge every season
  17. tjctransport

yea, i know guys that do parking lots and don't use skids, and use at times 2 edges per year.