1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I love my contract.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by M&N Maintenance, Feb 12, 2005.

1. M&N Maintenance

M&N Maintenance Junior Member

I have just lost a contract for a homeowners assoc. for the reason of money. The customer does not understand what goes into being ready and prepared for an event. But I would like to stress to you plowers out there that a contract is very important and it benefits both parties. Has anyone lost a contract for the reason of the bill?

2. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Cant say that we have........

Thats what the contract is for and should protect your company and the customer. I do not know how your contract is written, but it should not only protect you from non-payment, it should have a cancellation clause.

3. jbjw@netins.net

jbjw@netins.net Junior Member

Hi i have never lost a contract in the middle of a season but i have in the off season it will happen to everyone sometime. But what ever you do don't lower your price if somone don't want to pay you your set price don't do it. If you have a contract have an attorney read over it to make shure it is leagilly binding for that year.