1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I lost my right/left movement- I need your help.

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by akareddog, Sep 30, 2010.

1. akareddog

akareddog Junior Member

Thanks for taking a peak. Ok at the end of last season I hit a big snow drift and I can't move my plow left or right now. I decided to start working on it last weekend. I'm trying to save a little money and not have to take it the shop. I have a Hiniker Model 2852. The unit will move up and down without any problems. I disconnected the right and left hydraulic cylinders and they still wouldn't move. I disconnect the hydraulic hoses and I hit the pistons arms in with a hammer. I pushed both of them in about 6", then reattached the hydraulic hoses. The right cylinder move out about 4" and stopped and that was it I assume the pump is good and I fined it hard to believe that both Hydraulic cylinders went out at the same time. I did try to move it both ways without the hydraulic hoses attached to the cylinders.....oil came out when I flipped the switch with no problem.

There are no signs of oil leaks anywhere. As you may have figured out, I'll a newbie at this. Any help you can give me is much appreciated.

Thanks, Shane

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Very easy fix.

Your angle solenoids/valves/coils, whatever there called are dead. (i would think)

If you open up the black plastic pump case...you will see them(maybe brass in color) on the two ends..wires going into each of them...the one in the front operates your up...down just goes to float mode. Wrench gets them out. Your up/down one is a good one to keep in your truck at all times plowing as you can repair it on site.

Go to the dealer to pick em up.

3. akareddog

akareddog Junior Member

Thanks Milemile for the information.

Shane

4. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 Member

Buy extra... I lost it twice last year on my scoop. I love the plow but have had endless electrical problems.