1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I lost my calculator

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Bossman 92, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey I just got on MD snowremoval.com, and they took away the calculator. So I wandered if anyone could tell me how long it would take to plow a 5.5 acre lot. Lot is wide open, only a few cars in their lot before 7am, so no obsticles. Pleanty of places to put the snow also. I will be using a 9'2" Boss V plow.

Thanks in advance Bossman

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I don't have your answer but what kind of calculator are you referring to?

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

There was a calculator on the internet, and if you entered total square feet it would calculate how long it would take to plow with somany inches of snow. Also it would tell you how much salt to apply. It's not necessary on smaller jobs, but on larger jobs it is very helpful.

4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I emailed with them back when it was still up and they were going to release a full version of it sometime. The guy said "in time for this season" Said it would be around $25.

5. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

just register

just register on their site. I did it and have access to the calculator. they will email you back a user name and password. if you cant get online pm and i will run the calculations for you

Dean

6. jim2007

jim2007 Junior Member

May I ask what is the website that you are referring to?

7. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

8. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Did you notice the number of type-o's on the resgistration page:dizzy:

9. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

That calculator is not all that its cracked up to be at best it will give you a starting point or a baseline. I will say this it is way light on the amount of salt needed for a lot. Thats my opinion but what do I know

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You can use mine!

big thumb (Small).jpg

11. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

did you register and get setup to use the calculator
    ?