1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i live in cleveland ohio and was wondering

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bihnsmoked, Sep 28, 2006.

1. bihnsmoked

bihnsmoked Junior Member

i was wondering if any1 could help me get a seasonal price i know what i am goin to charge per push and per salting but i wasnt sure how many snowfalls i should include for a seasonal price... i think are arverage snowfall is about 60" a year if that helps
    thanks alot

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Some people figure their price a little high per plow. Then the charge it X 10 pushes / events for the year Dec--> Feb. Then charge for so many over that if it happens more then a set amount of events. Last year you would of made out like a bandit with the little snow we had. Others charge by event,hourly or add cost for a large snow fall. Most contractors try to get a mix of contracts so if you have a winter like last season you still make money.
    The owner of this site wrote a book on the business. Do a search on " Snow Plowing " on the INTERNET,it should pop up. It has a good overview on the business of snow and ice removal.

3. bihnsmoked

bihnsmoked Junior Member

that seems to be to few of snowfalls last year we barly got any snow and i probly went out like 7 times or so. is there any1 else who uses different numbers or is that what i should go with 10x and then add in something for if it goes more than that? or does any1 else do it for like 20x or 30x thats more of what i thought for a seasonal with a 2" trigger...thanks for any info

4. shamp

shamp Member

It will depend on where you live in cleveland area akron doesn't get as much snow as we do up here in cleveland. west side is where I live and base my snow on 15 plow-able events each year sometimes we get more sometimes less split your contract so you get some as per push and some that are seasonal. If you live east of cleveland or near the hts. area you can bet your going to get 25-30 event to plow, snow-belt area your going to be out at-leased 40 -60 events.