1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i like this

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Oct 22, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

so i saw this in traffic the other day, i really liked it and its close to what i'd like to have

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

get fabricating?
  3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

You can't mean GMC...?
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Im building one very simmilar right now. I will have to post some pics when Im done.
  5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

What happen to the snow?:cry:
  6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

pic was taken awhile ago, i just remeberd i had it.

i'm talking...ofcourse..about the headache rack ;)

i wish i knew how to weld :(
  7. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

It isn't that hard man! Get some scrap and start practicing! When you can get some good beads on a flat piece, stitch weld two pieces together. Put a side in a vise and take something with leverage and bend the weld back and forth till it breaks, if it does. Any number of bends over 10 is a heck of a good weld! If its done right the metal piece itself usually breaks b4 the weld. After that practice corners, upside down, vertical and any other angle u can think of. Give it a shot, I taught myself in H.S. shop class.
  8. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

yea build your own it will be much cheaper than buying one and you will have the satisfaction that you built it