1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I like the new fish stik controller!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Chevy6.0Fisher, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Chevy6.0Fisher

Chevy6.0Fisher Junior Member

I just installed a minute mount system on my truck and i bought a brand new Fish Stik, I love the new lighting on it compared to the older styles.. I will get some pictures tomorrow!
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the fish stik so much better then the joystick out of the way when the plow is not in use
  3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Not me dont like them for driveways, and I always see bad fish sticks and never see joysticks go bad. Pain trying to hold it and shift and turn the wheel. I can see where guys that plow roads like it.
  4. Chris112lee

Chris112lee Member

I loved using a fishstik with an auto. out of 5 trucks we would have one go out every season, and they were well over $100 to replace.
  5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Brad, hold the fishstick in your right hand and you can move the shift lever and thumb the control buttons at the same time, The fishstick saves time when doing lots, and drives and you know what they same time is. Only thing is many a fishstick go bad and I've only seen one bad joystick.
  6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I cant stand using any plow controlls on the rights side or with right hand, Yep same here actually never seen a bad joystick just many bad fish sticks. And I bolt my joystick to the dash with lock nuts so they got to steal my dash to get it.
  7. OK, so lets take this a step further. I've been plowing with Fishers for over 30 years. So that means I've used the cables with the T handles, the first single handle joy stick (still attached to cables), the electric joy stick and now a Fishstick. All of those were/are operated with my LEFT hand. How many use their right hand?
  8. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Not trying to get into a debate but that's exactly what I'm getting at, think about how much more time it took us to operate the plows with those old cable operated engine driven hydraulic systems, shifting into neutral and revving a little to speed up the raise or angle functions, when I got that first SEHP plow I couldn't believe the time it saved by being much quicker in blade movement, I operated all those setups like everyone else with my left hand, then it just seemed natural to use the Fishstick in the right hand and by doing so I noticed it was saving even more time.
  9. Chris112lee

Chris112lee Member

Its fantastic to be able to shift and move the plow at the same time while keeping a hand on the wheel.
  10. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I use my right hand with the fishstick.
  11. mjstef

mjstef Senior Member

I have run heavy equipment for 20 years. There are no loader controls i have seen using a left hand. Right hand is natural for me. I plow with a 5 speed as well which should rile some of you up but i am efficient and a clutch is $500 but a new auto is north of $3500. The only gripe i have is the up and down buttons are backwards! Up should be the bottom button and down should be the top button so it is like any other piece of front mount equipment................
  12. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I agree with you about the buttons being backwards. I had a Western, that was that way. It took a while to get used to the up/down being backwards. My new Hiniker is the "right" way. Up is down, down is up.

13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

This will be my 5th year plowing driveways.... have always used the fishstick in my right hand (hold it, can shift at the same time and steer with my left hand)- just feels natural to me :D

As for the comment with the up/down being backwards- I could see this for a joystick (like it would be on a tractor/loader), but with the buttons on the fishstick- I definitely think it makes more sense for the "up" to be on the top.