1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I like pink ponies!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by brickslayer, Nov 17, 2008.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Is this something that just happens to a plow without have the cutting edge with the curb guard on it? Is it easy to repair? Also I see these plows selling for big coin, should this be a big deduction or should I stay away from this plow all together cause it was just abused? It was a maintenance truck plow for a local college. I know the picture isn't the greatest but basically the plow bottom outer 5 inches is ground down approximately half an inch on the left wing and at least 1 inch on the right wing opening up the bottom tubing. I just don't know the difference between "used" and "abused". Thanks for any help! O'ya I have no interest in ponies! but thanks for reading this.
    [​IMG]

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Well here you go then :D

[​IMG]

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Cutting edges wear out. That's just what they do. Is it a sign of abuse if they're worn out? Absolutely not! I would be more concerned about the condition of the moldboard, cylinders and wiring harness.

4. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

If you can get it at a good price and every thing else is in good shape, just get a new cutting edge and fire up the welder! Patching the bottom corner of the blade is an easy fix.

5. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Get the F out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where did you find that? LOL!LOL!LOL! Just trying to get some pro's attention.

6. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Not concerned about the cutting edge. Thats like brand new. I'm worried about the red part if thats the "Moldboard" . This is going to prove I'm nothing but a brick layer but why do they call it the moldboard?

7. ducatirider944

from Iowa

It's tom's screen saver.:D

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

tom thats a unicorn not a pony:dizzy::D

9. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Sure this is not his screen saver? JK! I still can't believe he came up with that!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  10. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

What, in your guys opinion, is a fair price for that plow? Come with just what you see in the pic.

11. toby4492

Hey you said you liked pink ponies and I was just trying to help. :p

12. toby4492

I'd show you my screen saver brad but MJD would just get the magic eraser out :drinkup:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  13. toby4492

Here maybe you will like this pink pony better :cool:

[​IMG]

14. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

What car? I only see some chick....

15. ducatirider944

from Iowa

Because, Curved, Braced, Cutting Edge Bolt Holder, A Frame Attachment Point,Snow Pushing Face, Thingy, was just to long to fit in the parts book:jester:

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The wear on the ends of the wings isn't a major issue as long as it isn't excessive, which it doesn't appear to be by your pic. You'll find many plows with it due to running it against curbs. Whole reason you can install curb guards and why Boss so conveniently incorporates them into he new style cutting edges just like the plow on the pic now has on it. If the curb rash worries you it's not tough or expensive to lay a plate in there, weld it up and clean it up with a little grinding.

But, since this is a vee with visible curb damage what I would be doing is checking it over very closely to be sure its not bent or broken anywhere else from the curb impacts/running..like in the center hinge area as well as sighting along each wing to be sure their not twisted. It does happen when you run curbs with them.

Although most of this is a moot point to you brickslayer if this plow is intended for your crew cab long bed truck...because it's not wide enough. You need a 9.2 for a CCLB truck. :nod:

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with it. If you see a plow without curb rash that tells me the plow doesn't get used much(.Tim):rolleyes:

18. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

A 9.2? isn't a 8.2 too heavy? At least that is what everybody else says. What would you say its worth$$$$$$$$$$$$?

19. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

I would say maybe worth $2K - $2,500? If the undercarriage is transferrable to your truck, then maybe $3K. Make sure you get the control kit for it as well. If the control kit and undercarriage are not available, plan on spending at least a grand to get your truck ready to accept this plow (for new undercarriage, control kit, headlight adaptors-if needed, and labor-if needed).

Nice pink pony Tom!!

20. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

I found a bolt on last years take off snow dogg 8' for 2500. Am I making a bad move? Or paying to much? Its I guess like new.